Who needs a new paint job?

airbrush-ed

kustompaintbyed.com
Left a brother hangin? even with money on the table.:cheers:
I'm not trying to leave anybody hanging. I'm busy. It's that simple. Please don't take it personal. Because it's not. I don't get on here everyday. Or even every week. I currently do all the paint work for Bdm. All the solid colors, and all that get artwork. Sometimes I can't keep up, and they have to get other qualified painters to help pick up what I can't get to. I also have jobs from private individuals like yourself that I try to work on. And (unfairly), I never seem to have enough time for them. And after working 7 days a week, I still have to find time for my family. Who (very much unfairly), still seem to put up with me never being around.

Biker Babe

Queen Bee
Calendar Participant
Just like anything, there are good painters out there and there are not so good painters. Working for years at a dealership, I've made friends with some really great painters. All great guys. But Ed's work will always be a few steps above. There is another dimension to his work. The difference is amazing. He never cuts corners, and always strives for perfection. My old Fatboy would constantly win 1st place in bike shows and I know it's for no other reason than awesome paint.
And remember, price varies by job. Hot rod flames aren't going to cost you what a detailed mural would. Every job is different.

Joke•ster

I'm not trying to leave anybody hanging. I'm busy. It's that simple. Please don't take it personal. Because it's not. I don't get on here everyday. Or even every week. I currently do all the paint work for Bdm. All the solid colors, and all that get artwork. Sometimes I can't keep up, and they have to get other qualified painters to help pick up what I can't get to. I also have jobs from private individuals like yourself that I try to work on. And (unfairly), I never seem to have enough time for them. And after working 7 days a week, I still have to find time for my family. Who (very much unfairly), still seem to put up with me never being around.
Cool, I'm glad your busy the other option sucks (being broke). Im self employed and three kids in college, im a house of Cards. one strong wind and I'm done...:oops:

Nothin personal here, just extremely interested, learnin, playin, and riding :chopper:

Jwooky

if you don't mind telling, what does a paint job like your run?
Difficult to answer, because he's a friend and gives me the family deal, but retail maybe 3-4k for one with as much work as mine has. It doesn't show up in pics well, but it has a lot detail and going on in it.

Bottom line, the more hours that is put in it, the more it cost.

As stated a simple 2-3 color flame job is a lot cheaper that 30-40 layers of candies blended together.

Last edited:

SMCT

This guy is pretty amazing. I had done quite a bit of research and was contemplating buying a K9 that I wanted redone over. I met with him and had seen his shop and work. He only does custom paint work on motorcycles and nothing else.

http://www.xtremekreations.com/

http://www.xtremekreations.com/harley-motorcycle-photos-gallery-ii/#

http://www.xtremekreations.com/harley-custom-motorcycles-galleries-iii/

http://www.xtremekreations.com/harley-custom-motorcycles-galleries-iv/

http://www.xtremekreations.com/harley-custom-motorcycles-galleries-v/

Last edited:

IdahoBigDog

Hello everybody, from your friendly neighborhood custom painter!
I have finally finished all the big jobs that have been taking up my time. I finished my Sema project. And got fired the day I finished it! Now the shop where I was working at is claiming they did the work! How's that for ya? There's no shortage of assholes who do nothing but ride the backs of talented people... It's happened before. I'll just like my wounds and keep on truckin.
But the silver lining (that I'm trying to focus on) is that now I have more time for more bike projects. And I have missed them! But I've been gone from here for so long, I feel like I'm starting over :(
So, does anybody need any paint work done?
If you're a newer member reading this, and you don't know me or my work, you can search the forums for other paint jobs I have done.
Thanks for reading my rant. Glad to be back!
...now if I can get used to the new look on the forum, I'll be golden. View attachment 26996

CapRayT

Hello everybody, from your friendly neighborhood custom painter!
I have finally finished all the big jobs that have been taking up my time. I finished my Sema project. And got fired the day I finished it! Now the shop where I was working at is claiming they did the work! How's that for ya? There's no shortage of assholes who do nothing but ride the backs of talented people... It's happened before. I'll just like my wounds and keep on truckin.
But the silver lining (that I'm trying to focus on) is that now I have more time for more bike projects. And I have missed them! But I've been gone from here for so long, I feel like I'm starting over :(
So, does anybody need any paint work done?
If you're a newer member reading this, and you don't know me or my work, you can search the forums for other paint jobs I have done.
Thanks for reading my rant. Glad to be back!
...now if I can get used to the new look on the forum, I'll be golden. View attachment 26996

First, Beautyful... Wow.. I now know where to send my airbrushing needs if I have them. Now for the question... At risk of sounding like an ass hole here, Obviously you have a mountain of experience. I however, am a retard with a paint gun... I enjoy painting and creating but have questions from time to time. I do O.K. and usually focus on my own stuff and some for friends and in no way am I trying to start a business, just enjoy doing it. So not trying to steal anyones work, its just a hoby for me. So do you mind if i reach out from time to time if I have a teck question, or need some advise on how to pull something off? I don't do it alot, but every once in a while I have an idea and really like to run it by someone who knows. I have spoke with experts in the past who usually go to the drop it off and I will take care of it not wanting to give trade secrets, and I get it, but that don't help me learn.

cdogg556

Guru
Ed is a pretty busy guy CaptRayT, I don't know how often he checks in here so hopefully he will chime in, you could always send him a PM if you have any questions, good luck brutha. :cheers: