• Thunder Heart Micro Harness

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Rewire Harley Style

Votes: 13 18.3%
  • EHC again

Votes: 12 16.9%

• Total voters

Doogan

Appreciate it. Curtis ( The Kaptain) is the shit, I am waiting a week or so just to get some extra $$$, and then getting on order. Great guy. Found switch to be bad, buddy had one that he ordered for his bike before selling. Still don’t trust EHC, want something with some reliability. Has everyone else upgrades charging system as well, or just EHC?

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Appreciate it. Curtis ( The Kaptain) is the shit, I am waiting a week or so just to get some extra $$$, and then getting on order. Great guy. Found switch to be bad, buddy had one that he ordered for his bike before selling. Still don’t trust EHC, want something with some reliability. Has everyone else upgrades charging system as well, or just EHC?
Upgrade the charging system.....atleast the voltsge regulator anyway

1 B.M.F.

I upgraded EHC’s, voltage regulators and added inline fuses. And yes Curtis is great!! You will find that MOST everyone you deal with on this forum is pretty damn knowledgeable about these dogs. If you ask a question, wait on a few replies to see what most people say to do fix your dog. I have found that there are a few on here that don’t have a clue what their talking about. Once you figure that out you’ll know who to listen to and who not to. Reading old threads will help and asking a question is free. Good luck. Your in great hands with Curtis.

Doogan

Old school mechanic, more with cars but can work around the v twin some too. If I can make sense of what the person is saying I feel confident, if it sound like BS, I know where to draw the line. Real good bunch of guys on here, just wish some were closer to the east coast. Plan on keeping this dog and hope to get up with some members at some point. After talking with Curtis, i felt confident in what he was talking about and i couldn’t believe he was still emailing me at 8:00 plus his time. After I get the bugs all worked out, next step new clutch and cam. Thanks to all for insight.

LittleMike

Supporting Member
There is no rewiring the bike with a R.I.P. kit BadDawg.
You pull the EHC and the A and B harness out of the bike.
Mount the new module route the harness and connect the JST connectors.
That's it.
No need to go buying a bunch of crap and then sitting around in your garage trying to figure it out. If that's what you want to do great but I think the point of this thread is not to argue that point but give the poster some gentler options to choose from.
I bought the plug and play EHC
That's it.
No need to go buying a bunch of crap and then sitting around in your garage trying to figure it out. If that's what you want to do great but I think the point of this thread is not to argue that point but give the poster some gentler options to choose from.
I bought the new EHC from Curtis at WildSteed.
Easy peasy and I just emailed the man and he had ime n the wind soon after.
That's it.
I bought the new EHC from Curtis at Wild steed.
He makes it easy, you email the man and he'll have you in the wind shortly after. I have bought several things from Curtis and I've never had a bad experience
That's it.
I bought the new style EHC from Curtis at WildSteed. He makes it super easy, you email him and tell him what you need and he'll have you in the Wind shortly after. I have bought several things from Curtis and I have never had a bad experience. Very highly recommended from me and I'll continue to buy from this man. Speaking of, I do need new spark plug wires and I might as well replace rcoil while I'm at it
That's it.
I bought the newer style EHC from Curtis at WildSteed. He makes it really easy, you call him or email and he'll have you in the wind shortly after. I have bought several things from Curtis and I've never had a bad experience. I'll continue to buy from this man has he is highly recommend by me. Speaking of, I do need new spark plug wires and I might as well replace the coil while I'm at it.

Tim briscoe

I agree with Mr.Wright...i have installed 4 of them from WSW and they work great...i just put one on one of my bikes back in june and i habe put 1980 miles on it with no complaints....just ordered another one for my blue bike yesterday....im changing all my bikes over to this....simple install
Do you remember where this purple and black connector went? Its about half the leanth of the oil pressure sending unit.20220821_170654.jpg

HighwayAlltWay

All true
For those who know what they are doing you can simply buy the Thunderheart, M-unit etc and do all the brain work to make it fit and work and take complete responsibility for it.
For the rest someone else has done all the hard work for you and all you have to do is buy it and ride.
I am new to the forum I have a 09 K9 replaced my PCB as the starter w/n engage pulled starter ops ck good now I have no signal to the EHC checked all grounds and key switch Who can you recommend to ck my ECH to see if it is bad. Thanks for your help

Mickmorris

Supporting Member
I am new to the forum I have a 09 K9 replaced my PCB as the starter w/n engage pulled starter ops ck good now I have no signal to the EHC checked all grounds and key switch Who can you recommend to ck my ECH to see if it is bad. Thanks for your help
Curtis @ Wildsteedworx.com to check it out. What lights are coming on when you power up the EHC?

HighwayAlltWay

I had to replace the micro board for the start button. My EHC powered up then but now with the board in I have no lights. I have pulled the tank and checked the key switch and the wiring to the board nothing. Battery new and charged I think there's a CB but the only one I found is for the horn. This is challenging at the most.

Money

Not sure what they call it brand wise but when it came time for my EHC to be changed I went with Wild Steed Works for the following reasons. 1st of all Curtis is a straight shooter and always willing to help when the inevitable questions came up. This advice and help along the way proved to be very valuable. The price was competitive after everything was said and done with the BD RIP kit and from the looks of things to me could be easier to install since the WSW EHS is plug and play. The manufacturer of the Wild Steed Works replacement would not warranty the EHC unless the charging system was also replaced. While this increased the cost if you don't do it you will probably have more problems with the EHC down the road. We had to grind a little out of the inner primary to get the new charging system to fit but it wasn't that big of a deal. My bike is a 07 so it was time to update all this stuff anyway. We also went from a 20 amp fuse to a 40. All are part of the upgrades.

Tim briscoe

He is supposed to be sending me a replacement one. Bought mine a couple months ago but it had a defect in start circuit. Other than that I've been able to ride. But not with much confidence.
Solar he has done everything he did he'd do.

Coolbreezin

I absolutely guarantee you will never have any issues or have to replace your EHC...rewire the whole bike and throw the EHC in the trash. Did mine about 4 years ago, never have had an issues. Hell, my mirrors reflect better too!