Where do I put the rear cylinder vent hose from S&S tuned induction when uninstalled?

King Lear

Supporting Member
So I am going to put on a new custom Air Cleaner I had made. It does not have the rear cylinder vent hose going to the AC like the S&S dual induction AC does. So what do I do with the rear cylinder hose since it is not going to be hooked up to the A/C. This AC will tie in the Voodoo paint scheme perfectly. Thanks in advance

Attachments

mleach72

So I am going to put on a new custom Air Cleaner I had made. It does not have the rear cylinder vent hose going to the AC like the S&S dual induction AC does. So what do I do with the rear cylinder hose since it is not going to be hooked up to the A/C. This AC will tie in the Voodoo paint scheme perfectly. Thanks in advance
If the check valve is still in the hose, which it should be, you can just put a longer hose on it and route it to the ground. 99.9% of the time, the valve is closed from the vacuum from the front breather, so there won't be anything coming out of it.

King Lear

Supporting Member
If the check valve is still in the hose, which it should be, you can just put a longer hose on it and route it to the ground. 99.9% of the time, the valve is closed from the vacuum from the front breather, so there won't be anything coming out of it.
thank you sir

mleach72

Actually, after thinking about it, I would probably just pull the ac hose off of the valve and let it hang between the cylinders. The valve stays closed almost always, so no air is allowed to enter the engine. The only time it would open is to allow a sudden burst of pressure out of the engine, like unburned fumes in the crankcase igniting. This is unlikely because of the vacuum, but you still have to allow for the possibility. It is basically a dead hose.

1 B.M.F.

Not a fan of the iron horse chopper just because of that long fuel tank. But you don’t notice the tank with that headlight. Two thumbs up. That looks great on that bike. Post some pix of your bike when you get it all on.

King Lear

Supporting Member
Not a fan of the iron horse chopper just because of that long fuel tank. But you don’t notice the tank with that headlight. Two thumbs up. That looks great on that bike. Post some pix of your bike when you get it all on.
Will do, the Ironhorse rode like crap compared to this 06 K9. The tank on the Ironhorse did suck. I had to fill up every 90 miles since only 2.5 gallons was usable with that tank. The K9 is a far better and smoother ride! So glad I spent a little extra cash to go to the BD K9.

Jersey Big Mike

Will do, the Ironhorse rode like crap compared to this 06 K9. The tank on the Ironhorse did suck. I had to fill up every 90 miles since only 2.5 gallons was usable with that tank. The K9 is a far better and smoother ride! So glad I spent a little extra cash to go to the BD K9.
I like the look of the AIH but refused to buy it back in the day since I was already on a 3gallon tank bike and I really wanted more capacity. Of course I'd really like a 6 gallon on the K-9 but that's not happening at this point in my life.