Energy One

Voltage Regulator Recall

francoblay1

The Spaniard
Old but useful... I´ve learned something new for me.

Going to take my VR out.... I am quite sure it is the cause that my 06 K9 is not charging its battery... Stator checks fine.... but again, I am useless with electric stuff.... I cannot get that POS of reader to read the voltage (DC) in my battery but I managed to read the AC coming out of the stator plugs :confused:

:cheers:

Threwithu

Well I'm thinking it wouldn't hurt anything to do a fuse with the CB anyway.... The only downfall would be another connection. But really its not even that, cause you could eliminate the wire from the CB to the battery and replace it with the in line fuse wiring. eye loop to CB and eye loop to battery... that's probably what I'm going to do.

\
How did this work out for you

xonionx

Old but useful... I´ve learned something new for me.

Going to take my VR out.... I am quite sure it is the cause that my 06 K9 is not charging its battery... Stator checks fine.... but again, I am useless with electric stuff.... I cannot get that POS of reader to read the voltage (DC) in my battery but I managed to read the AC coming out of the stator plugs :confused:

:cheers:
I know it's old post but I'm having same problem right now 06 k9 no battery charge sator ok vr nothing I ordered new one it's on its way right now did you fix it ?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I know it's old post but I'm having same problem right now 06 k9 no battery charge sator ok vr nothing I ordered new one it's on its way right now did you fix it ?

What one did you order? Depending on the VR you may have have to replace the stator too.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

xonionx

I bought orginal from bdm parts dealer
Let me know if this one will work

Hardtale

Does tit matter which way the VR male plug goes into the stater female end? It fits either way and I did not see markings on either side of plug