Ultima transmission swap

Energy One

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Yours is going to be a little different spacing wise than Shannons, his was 1.5" yours being an 04 rigid you got a 1-7/16 offset which was one of the rare offsets at the time. Some other builders had them as well, but last I checked anyone that used to make a belt drive for that offset is not anymore. Just mentioning if you haven't made it that far yet

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Mine was actually 1 3/8" I believe. Bought the 1 1/2 spacer and machined it down.

bdm7250

Guru
Supporting Member
During the meetup at bikeweek the Ultima discussion came up, lots of positive comments in regards to longevity of their products. I just did an Ultima OP on my buddies 02 softail, can't beat it for the money..
20200201_203458_resized.jpg20200201_212902_resized.jpg20200207_203105_resized_1.jpg20200207_203122_resized_1.jpg

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
So whats the gear ratio of the ultima vs the 04 tranny?
They are the same....2.94 first gear and then so on thru the rest.....only gear ratio that i seen different is a 7 speed baker....just help my neighbor do his harley.... in my opinion it wasnt worth 3400.00 that he paid....only thing that i liked was 1st gear being lower and thats it for me

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
During the meetup at bikeweek the Ultima discussion came up, lots of positive comments in regards to longevity of their products. I just did an Ultima OP on my buddies 02 softail, can't beat it for the money..
View attachment 71878View attachment 71879View attachment 71880View attachment 71881
Yeah ultima has stepped up there game forsure.....ultima 647.00...baker 3400.00...in all honesty im completely sold on the ultima and what i saw my buddy go thru with 6 baker transmission and then went to ultima an hasnt had no trouble....if my trans pops i know which way im going

bdm7250

Guru
Supporting Member
Yeah ultima has stepped up there game forsure.....ultima 647.00...baker 3400.00...in all honesty im completely sold on the ultima and what i saw my buddy go thru with 6 baker transmission and then went to ultima an hasnt had no trouble....if my trans pops i know which way im going
And you would think for 3400 bucks you'd at least get half decent customer service, not so with Baker, prolly one of the shittiest CS departments to deal with. Seems like every person you deal with there has a different answer.. just my opinion tho..

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
And you would think for 3400 bucks you'd at least get half decent customer service, not so with Baker, prolly one of the shittiest CS departments to deal with. Seems like every person you deal with there has a different answer.. just my opinion tho..
Oh i agree

Biker trash

New Ultima 6 speed polished and chrome $629.99 free shipping could not pass it up at that price

No H2O

Me too, the Ultima OP looks so much better than the DSSC but not sure it'll swap out with a DSSC

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Me too, the Ultima OP looks so much better than the DSSC but not sure it'll swap out with a DSSC
They make one for 689.00, 3 different finishes, but idk what all it consist of on the clutch basket side to make clutch basket and main shaft work...it may work without nothing but idk on that20200321_152308.jpg

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
They make one for 689.00, 3 different finishes, but idk what all it consist of on the clutch basket side to make clutch basket and main shaft work...it may work without nothing but idk on thatView attachment 71893
It would work if you modified the frame...haha

Need to change the transmission mount to the Harley 4 bolt pattern vs DSSC 6 bolts, then would need to put the Harley Primary and depending on the model you did it to might have to modify the side cover on the right side because the Primary is taller. Obviously a different starter, clutch basket, basically everything inside the primary....

Small job For KnotHead...lol

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member

Need to change the transmission mount to the Harley 4 bolt pattern vs DSSC 6 bolts, then would need to put the Harley Primary and depending on the model you did it to might have to modify the side cover on the right side because the Primary is taller. Obviously a different starter, clutch basket, basically everything inside the primary....

Hell thats sounds like fun to me lol

41bigdawg

Let the Big Dawg eat !
Supporting Member

And when he was done with the bike he would make a table, a lamp and a boot polisher out of the left over parts....lmao :)

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
And when he was done with the bike he would make a table, a lamp and a boot polisher out of the left over parts....lmao :)
Hmmmmmm......i could make a kick ass clock out of the primary and transmission.....now u got me looking thru some of my parts

roadie1389

Wasn't somebody looking at making an adapter already?