Ultima open belt drive install

Energy One

keverett91507

Putting an Ultima open belt on a 04 chopper. Stock clutch rod to short I think. Anyone run one and if so what length clutch rod u go to. Thanksimagejpeg_0(2).jpg

Rottweiler

Sorry not sure how long mine is.
It was on the bike when I bought it.
Is that the 4 inch belt also?

Sent from my Life One X3 using Tapatalk

Ed U. Cator

Higher Ed.
4" open primary & side guard? You may have to watch your left lean angle a bit more closely! Does look nice tho. I'd like to do the same but use a much shorter belt. I'm tryin' to justify the cost with the wifey!

Ed U. Cator

Higher Ed.
Why would it be necessary to justify the cost to the wife? My wife doesn’t ask me when she wants to spend money.
I was waiting for a reply like that; thanks for not disappointing me! It was more of a tongue-in-cheek remark. Be that as it may, IMO it never hurts to discuss expensive expenditures with a spouse. My current wife & I openly discuss large expenditures. Keeps us honest and away from divorce court as was the case with my 1st wife who kept her secret spending to herself. Come time to settle at the divorce table, I was floored when I learned of her amassed debt = now shared marital debt. That's why it took me into my senior years to finally get myself a motorcycle (better late than never!). For the amount of settlement I had to unfairly pay off for her, I could have bought every Big Dog model made, brand new.

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
I was waiting for a reply like that; thanks for not disappointing me! It was more of a tongue-in-cheek remark. Be that as it may, IMO it never hurts to discuss expensive expenditures with a spouse. My current wife & I openly discuss large expenditures. Keeps us honest and away from divorce court as was the case with my 1st wife who kept her secret spending to herself. Come time to settle at the divorce table, I was floored when I learned of her amassed debt = now shared marital debt. That's why it took me into my senior years to finally get myself a motorcycle (better late than never!). For the amount of settlement I had to unfairly pay off for her, I could have bought every Big Dog model made, brand new.
Sounds like you got off cheap.

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
Let's put it this way.... life with her cost me a heart attack and $$$$$$. But I recovered just fine. No heart damage, I'm debt-free, with a good woman now, and a nice bike! I can die happy... but not before I ride many, many, many more miles! ;)

Sounds like U got it going on:)