this sound right??

Energy One

allenmp

chop03
I Have A 2003 chopper I Bought From My Brother In Law About Four Years Ago Its Been In And Out Of Shops Not Running Good Etc. But I Like It And Continue To Figure Out More And More Myself Just Before I bought It From Him He Rode It To Cassiday Ks And Ran It On The Dyno And Got
111Hp
114Tq
I Don't Know What The Weather Was And Never Seen The Dyno But What I've Read And Friends That Were There It Seems Like Probly About Right.
When I Bought It From Him IT Hat Big Radius Pipes And Spike Air Cleaner.
I Had Xxx Rebuild My Carb And He Bored The Venturi And Added Booster Kit To It.
It Was Running Crappy Again So I Took It To Cycleward In Enid To Have It Dyno Tuned And After Several Air Leaks Etc. Coil Not Putting Out An Primary Repairs He Got Dyno Of
82Hp
94Tq
Which I Thought Sounded Extremely Low And So Did They I Don't Know How To Post Pics But I'll Try Later.
His Opinion Was That My Carb Was Fubar And Whoever Built It Messed It Up Bad.
And They Do Alot Of Custom Work There And They Have My Dog Running Awesome But Say Until I Replace My Carb That's All He Could Get Out Of IT
Would A Bad Carb Make That Big Of Difference And Still Run Good Or Is There Something Else I Should Look For
Thanks Mike

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
What was the fuel/air mixture reading from the dyno? XXX has a fantastic reputation for carb work on here. Lots of dyno threads in the dyno section, your latest readings are low. What jets are you running now and is the motor stock?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

allenmp

chop03
Info From Dyno Sheet
67Degrees
29.20 in-Hg
9% Humidity
SAE 0.99
Max Power 82.01
Max Tq 91.42
Int 31 Main 78
Not Sure On The Air To Fuel Will Look Closer At The Graph When Home
The Reputation Of Xxx Here Is Why I Sent It To Him
And Yes It Is Stock Except Carb Upgrade Dual Runner And Vance And Hines Big Radius Pipes
I Think Those Number Sound Low And It Runs Good But I Can Definitely Feel The Power Difference Just Curious If The Carb Would Make That Big Of DifferenceAnd Still Run Good Of If I Should Be Looking For Another Problem
Thanks Mike

allenmp

chop03
[IMG//i1284.photobucket.com/albums/a576/allenmp/motorcycle/IMAG0086_zpsb1d2b7a7.jpg[/IMG]
If This Opens Its The Dyno Sheet

Brew

Troop Supporter
Very strange how the red profile is diviting at the end like that... :zwhistle: Was the scoot hitting the rev limiter???

allenmp

chop03
Not Sure On The Rev Limiter Didn't Think These Bikes Had Those.
I Don't Know Why But My Phone Keeps Capitalizing Every Work Must Have Hit A Setting Or Something Lol
As Far As Something Else Being Wrong He Found Several Air Leaks Where It Was Sucking Air And Repaired Them Along With Bad Coil
His Opinion Was That The CarbIs In Bad Shape From Rebuild I Don't Know if I Would Lose That Much But I Will Save Up For A New Carb And See I Guess
Thanks For The Feedback
Mike

Tom Chop

Subjectivity

allenmp, the subject of variance between dynomometer operators has been discussed in several threads here on "The Forum". From my limited dyno experience I have learned that the results can be manipulated through several means by the operator. The time of day, temprature, number of dyno runs, the number of the run, heat of the motor, oil temp, tire temprature, himidity, barometric pressure, and a plethora of other variables can have a bearing on the outcome of a reading. What I have found is to find an operator you have confidence in and stick with that one!

woodbutcher

Mr. Old Fart member #145
Staff member
allenmp, the subject of variance between dynomometer operators has been discussed in several threads here on "The Forum". From my limited dyno experience I have learned that the results can be manipulated through several means by the operator. The time of day, temprature, number of dyno runs, the number of the run, heat of the motor, oil temp, tire temprature, himidity, barometric pressure, and a plethora of other variables can have a bearing on the outcome of a reading. What I have found is to find an operator you have confidence in and stick with that one!
been on here since oct. of '07 and this is the first time i have seen the word "plethora" used! been savin' that one up, have you tom???:roll::roll::roll::cheers::cheers:

cueball

If he had the bike dynoed in cassoday then it was done by Matt with M&M choppers out of Galva, he has dynoed thousands of bikes. Unfortunately recently sold his dyno but I would trust Matts numbers without a doubt

allenmp

chop03
A friend of mine had his 06 chopper dynoed last year in Cassidy and they are gonna do it again in Enid this week we should see how close they are in numbers.
I just hate to rule these guys out since they got the dog running so good.
The problem is that this bike has been in and out of shops constantly before I started doing things on my own I haven't ever opened the carb but that's not saying someone hasn't.
They have got my dog running better than anywhere else I have taken and seem to think when I get a new carb I'll get my power back I am not sure but when it's in the budget I'll have to take there word for it and try lol
Thanks for all the input
Mike

Ok I Think I Finally Figured Out The Image Sorry
Thanks mike
I just had my 08 pitbull dynoed today at Kendall Johnson's shop and man what ride it is now. I upgraded cams to a woods W6HF with his 188 valve springs, S&S Dual runner intake and a Creative Cycles 2-1 LMF pipe and I got 117.6 HP and 138 lbs. torque. The intermediate jet is a 34 and main jet is a whopping 88. These guys definitely know there shit.

Attachments

DRBarnhart

Insert title here...
Info From Dyno Sheet
9% Humidity (?)
I have learned that the results can be manipulated through several means by the operator. The time of day, temprature, number of dyno runs, the number of the run, heat of the motor, oil temp, tire temprature, himidity, barometric pressure, and a plethora of other variables...
And unless Mike's post has a typo in it, there's a good example of what Tom's saying right there! :)

Dennis