Thinking of painting sissy?

Energy One

1 B.M.F.

I’m thinking of painting sissy bar gloss black.would like to know paint code for 05 chopper. My spike is already black and I think the black sissy bar would compliment the style of it. I haven’t seen a BD with a black sissy. If anyone has one please post it

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Yeah, their out there. Paint isn't going to stick to the chrome that well. A better option would be to powder coat it. If I was going to do that, I'd get with Eric at HDM and buy one that isn't chromed yet and have that one powder coated. Then you can either keep or sell your chrome one.
I'm going to have some stuff going to the powder coat guy in a couple weeks, if you want to go that route. And I'll be going right by your place on the 8th of May

1 B.M.F.

I have 3 powder coating places here in temple and my younger brother owns a paint shop he said he could sand blast It on his next blast and paint it but was thinking of powder coating it. I just haven’t checked on cost everything was closed on Saturday I think PCing would be better because of scratching when it goes in and out of the struts, it’s tight going in and out like it is. Why are you come through? Cinco de mayo in San Antonio lol.I like to meet you even it’s just for a minute or two. I like to put eyes on people I talk to. Lol.

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
I have 3 powder coating places here in temple and my younger brother owns a paint shop he said he could sand blast It on his next blast and paint it but was thinking of powder coating it. I just haven’t checked on cost everything was closed on Saturday I think PCing would be better because of scratching when it goes in and out of the struts, it’s tight going in and out like it is. Why are you come through? Cinco de mayo in San Antonio lol.I like to meet you even it’s just for a minute or two. I like to put eyes on people I talk to. Lol.
My mama lives down in Smithville. I need to get by and see her, so our plan is to stop by her place for a couple days, then run down to Big Bend, then up through Carlsbad, Amarillo, and then make it to the May Gathering at Dave's in Rogers, Ar

1 B.M.F.

Dupli color make this stuff called shadow chrome I’m thinking I’m going to try that 1st and see if I like that. Reviews say it peels in a year but that might be long enough time to figure out what I want to do. Really don’t want to sell it, wife likes it to be on when little man rides with me. I figure I’ll leave it on that chopper. And ride the one that doesn’t have the sissy bar when he isn’t with me. To be honest I like the choppers with wide tires without a sissy bar and old school choppers with them.

Mastiff Rider64

Supporting Member
Yeah, their out there. Paint isn't going to stick to the chrome that well. A better option would be to powder coat it. If I was going to do that, I'd get with Eric at HDM and buy one that isn't chromed yet and have that one powder coated. Then you can either keep or sell your chrome one.
I'm going to have some stuff going to the powder coat guy in a couple weeks, if you want to go that route. And I'll be going right by your place on the 8th of May
Hey Shannon i was wondering, I have dyal oil coolers on my Mastiff and was wanting to diamond cut them and have them powdercoated. Think you might could help? Btw didnt mean to steal attention from post.

1 B.M.F.

That stuff doesn’t bother me! that’s what this forum is for! Communication my friends communication!:cheers: