The May Thang - 2023

mleach72

So I just got off the phone with a buddy of mine. I think we are going to make the May Thang. I want to bring the pitbull, which has no storage capacity, so we are going to trailer. Not definite yet, but I would put it at 70-80%. I'm looking forward to it. I told him he will have a fantastic time! @knothead, can we do the Shiloh battlefield?

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
So I just got off the phone with a buddy of mine. I think we are going to make the May Thang. I want to bring the pitbull, which has no storage capacity, so we are going to trailer. Not definite yet, but I would put it at 70-80%. I'm looking forward to it. I told him he will have a fantastic time! @knothead, can we do the Shiloh battlefield?
Yeah we can do that ride...its a pretty good ride...170 mile round trip...may take everyone to see Buford Puser's house while we are there its only 9 miles from Shiloh...im sure everyone has seen the orginal Walking Tall movie and knows who Buford is...my grandmother played in the original movie..my grandaddy and Buford where good friends...my grandaddy was sheriff here and also Tennessee state trooper during that time..needless to say him and Buford handled business there way...

mleach72

Yeah we can do that ride...its a pretty good ride...170 mile round trip...may take everyone to see Buford Puser's house while we are there its only 9 miles from Shiloh...im sure everyone has seen the orginal Walking Tall movie and knows who Buford is...my grandmother played in the original movie..my grandaddy and Buford where good friends...my grandaddy was sheriff here and also Tennessee state trooper during that time..needless to say him and Buford handled business there way...
Cool! I'm a bit of a Civil War buff. I've been to Gettysburg probably a dozen times, "the bloodiest battle of the civil war". I've been to Antietam, "the bloodiest day of the civil war". The only thing on my bucket list is Shiloh, "the bloodiest hour of the civil war".

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Cool! I'm a bit of a Civil War buff. I've been to Gettysburg probably a dozen times, "the bloodiest battle of the civil war". I've been to Antietam, "the bloodiest day of the civil war". The only thing on my bucket list is Shiloh, "the bloodiest hour of the civil war".
Yep Shiloh is the most people killed ever on this continent....24,000 people died in less than 48 hours.

Last edited:

Mickmorris

Supporting Member
Great minds think alike. I was so glad I made it to Knots for the ride to Shiloh. That was definitely a fantastic ride and day with amazing friends. Love to do it again.18FBC8AF-712A-4877-AF6B-81823E2F87C5.jpeg6344F902-354B-4C4D-B2A3-9C4ADDC8D0CC.jpeg

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
Ride that thing, don't be a trailer queen!
It's appx 820 miles (2 days)

1st solution: So all you need on the bike is a 1 day change of clothes, Mail the rest to Knot's (ahead of time)
A change of clothes when packed right (albeit wearing same jeans and hell that's what they are meant for) will roll up and fit in a small zip lock bag that you can velcro to those ape hangers.

2nd solution: Get a hip bag. I have a couple that I use regularyl. https://www.amazon.com/biker-hip-bag/s?k=biker+hip+bag
can easily get overnight stuff in one of them. (Again, mail stuff to Knot's)

3rd solution: Call me ahead of time and I'm meet you guys up there and ride into Knot's with you -- I have extra bag you can use and leave on my chopper. This option helps with high mileage for me so I have nothing against this!

4th solution: Get a cheap set of throw over bags for a trip like this. https://www.amazon.com/Velaurs-Moun...=throw+over+saddlebags&qid=1674257895&sr=8-45

Solutions 1,2,and 4 also will integrate with solution 3, so if you ride let me know! Haven't had someone to ride with on these outings for quite some time.

Truth be told, I said most of this to Matt last night on the phone right after he posted but maybe some others will pipe in and help him decide to ride!

Hell add a day or two and we could do Tail of the Dragon/CheraHola Skyway, or a trip to Wheels thru Time!

HMAN

I just like my Freedom
Ride that thing, don't be a trailer queen!
It's appx 820 miles (2 days)

1st solution: So all you need on the bike is a 1 day change of clothes, Mail the rest to Knot's (ahead of time)
A change of clothes when packed right (albeit wearing same jeans and hell that's what they are meant for) will roll up and fit in a small zip lock bag that you can velcro to those ape hangers.

2nd solution: Get a hip bag. I have a couple that I use regularyl. https://www.amazon.com/biker-hip-bag/s?k=biker+hip+bag
can easily get overnight stuff in one of them. (Again, mail stuff to Knot's)

3rd solution: Call me ahead of time and I'm meet you guys up there and ride into Knot's with you -- I have extra bag you can use and leave on my chopper. This option helps with high mileage for me so I have nothing against this!

4th solution: Get a cheap set of throw over bags for a trip like this. https://www.amazon.com/Velaurs-Moun...=throw+over+saddlebags&qid=1674257895&sr=8-45

Solutions 1,2,and 4 also will integrate with solution 3, so if you ride let me know! Haven't had someone to ride with on these outings for quite some time.

Truth be told, I said most of this to Matt last night on the phone right after he posted but maybe some others will pipe in and help him decide to ride!

Hell add a day or two and we could do Tail of the Dragon/CheraHola Skyway, or a trip to Wheels thru Time!
Im with ya Mikey. Ima ride in myself this year if the Chopper holds together..lol. Hadnt thought about sending a box ahead of time....hmm. Come on Matt....iron ass it. Pitbull dont ride that rough.