The Bride of Frankenstein

Energy One

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
I've already talked to knot head, and he agreed to let me go ahead and steal his thunder on the title. I don't know who let the cat out of the bag when we was at Dave's, but the wife knows. Of course she's a pretty smart girl and it's possible she finally figured it out on her own.
Anyway for those who haven't heard I'm going to build my wife a bike this winter. It'll be a slow start because I am so busy right now. But I'm sure I can get out here in the evenings and get her done.
I came across a Titan. It's a little hardtail with a 111 S&S engine. This bike is so light, and has so much power, it was a handful for me to handle. So I picked up an 03 Mastiff frame, to make it heavier, and a Softail.
I'll post as I do something.
IMG_20211025_152842.jpg

IMG_20211025_152858.jpgIMG_20211025_152917.jpg

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Lmao your wife is right you do got dementia lol....this bike is the one Shannon is talking apart to use the motor and trans off of it for the 03 mastiff he is going to build for her...you know i got to pick at you Cary

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
The odd ball thing they did was put the rotor and pulley on the same side. I can't remember if the pulley and rotor was machined all one piece? I just remember the massive axle spacer on the right side, just looked like something was missing.

They probably did it to keep the right side clean, Left side matters too! haha

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Everybody keeps asking if I let her ride that hardtail before I tear it down. I was a little nervous about it, but I know how cautious she is. So on the way home from church today I said hey you want to take that hardtail for a ride for I tear it apart. She was all over that, like stink on poop.
IMG_20211107_151650.jpg

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Slow start, but I had a little time today. I think I'm gonna have to get all the stuff I have and string it out. I'm spending more time looking for stuff, than putting it together.
Surprisingly, I only ran into two problems with the front end. If Eric can't find me a brake caliper bracket, I'll have to make one. And the Titian, has tapered bearings in it. If I can't find bearings with that OD, I'll have to bore the hub out.
The fender fit, but I might go with the next size smaller tire, to have more clearance.
IMG_20211228_160258.jpg
IMG_20211228_160322.jpg
IMG_20211228_170601.jpg

Mickmorris

Supporting Member
Slow start, but I had a little time today. I think I'm gonna have to get all the stuff I have and string it out. I'm spending more time looking for stuff, than putting it together.
Surprisingly, I only ran into two problems with the front end. If Eric can't find me a brake caliper bracket, I'll have to make one. And the Titian, has tapered bearings in it. If I can't find bearings with that OD, I'll have to bore the hub out.
The fender fit, but I might go with the next size smaller tire, to have more clearance.
View attachment 94799
View attachment 94800
View attachment 94801
Wow that’s quite a big difference. Hope it’s not to bad to get figured out.

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
View attachment 94799
View attachment 94800
View attachment 94801
Does the bearing have a readable part number and an id/od and brand?

EZ Dog

Years ago Timken would typically make about any special size bearings.you needed. I'm not sure that still true but worth looking into.

Keith

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk