Softail Shock Adjustment

Energy One

Ribs

Live Free & Ride Hard
Yeah I got her done. Man I've sat on it couple more times there's a big difference then before. It was solid, now it feels like there is suspension.
I can't wait to take it out again.

Thanks again to everyone for all your input.
Much appreciated
Ribs

kickstart

Tire pressure, my 2005 Bulldog calls for 42 psi in the front and rear. You need to find a manual for the scoot.

If you have back issues you may also want to use a kidney belt.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
At 42lbs you will wear the center down quick.... 36 gives it a more even wear and a softer feel.
Yepp ...agreed..i get more miles at 36 and softer not sure why anyone run at 42 honestly.

This is what all my tires looked like with about 2500 miles if I ran at 42. Went through two tires and said the hell with 42 and the BDM spec

My new tire now at 36 has 3000 miles and wears even Steven

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone try hiding the Progressive shocks with the RAP on a dog? I don't know if these shock cylinders are too big to fit under the dog? I feel like I've read about that issue before??

I think you could mount the rap in the battery tray juat have to pull a side cover off to get to the adjustment but that's about 20 seconds.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Pricey aren't they

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Little bit....but worth it I imagine. kinda nice not to have to worry about adjusting so when I ride 2up or tour I can set it differently.

I'm just not sure those cylinders will fit new dogs. I think they will fit 03 and older tho. Especially prostreets those are just Harley frames with a stretched backbone.

kickstart

I like my tire at 35-36 ...it wears better

The point was he needs to get a manual so he has a starting point, to low tire pressure and a pot hole is a bad combination.
35 works well on the 300 and 250. He said he was running 25 PSI and I believe that to be a bit low.
Just my .02

Big Daddy 72

Custom Street Rod Interiors & Design
Big dogs are the hot rods of motorcycles they are suppose to ride ruff,vibrate,bark loud, and attract tons of attention it's all part of the experience just embrace it:chopper:
They ride just like my 55 Chevy. A hot rod is a hot rod no matter the wheels. WWII airplanes were the first hot rods in my opinion.

If you don't like noise,going fast, constant tuning /adjusting and lots of attention. Then hot rods are not for you!

For me I love all that I think all of us on here do. This is our idea of fun. Hot Rods are as american as apple pie and baseball.

Ribs

Live Free & Ride Hard
Usually La Pera seats are really hard... we have 2 members who can make a seat for you...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ok i would be intrested in either getting a new Solo seat that is going to be more confortable or getting my la Pera re done.
Yeah forsure can i get there details?
thanks
Ribs

Ribs

Live Free & Ride Hard
I had Seatmaker (Scott) re-do my seats, he's a member also. Great price and quick turnaround. If Sterling Seats doesn't work out check out Scott.
Thanks it would be great if I could just get this seat modified or shortened and then re padded.
I will see what happens with sterling.

I really do appreciate you.
Ribs

Yeah I'm going to have to check out what he can do.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk