Sick to my Stomach... Tank Gouge... Poison Ivy Paint... Options??

Energy One
Hey guys,

I saw on here Amy sent a guy the poison ivy paint code... PM sent... If he happens not to reply, does anyone else have it..??

I was adjusting the bars to re-set the OD and loctite it in place, pulled a bolt from the handlebars, twisted the bars a little to make room to get the allen wrench under the OD to tighten, went to twist the bars back after being done, and the adjuster nut on the bottom of the throttle drug across the tank...

Looking to see about getting it fixed, dont know if BD used PPG Poison Ivy or some other paint, just trying to figure out what to do to fix it..

Located in Phoenix, AZ area, so if anyone has any painter recommendations to take this to fix, im open for that too..Gas_Tank.JPG

BD_Right.JPG BD_Rear.JPG BD_Left.JPG

Last edited:

bigkelk9

Pull the tank and take it to any quality collision center and they can match it no problem especialy if they have a color scanner
I spoke with about 14 shops including 3 connects and no one wanted to touch it after they looked up the paint code.. because as Eric stated above a few colors have been discontinued.. H.O.K. still makes their version which I think is actually better looking but don't match at all.. a lot more blue.

BWG56

Guru
I spoke with about 14 shops including 3 connects and no one wanted to touch it after they looked up the paint code.. because as Eric stated above a few colors have been discontinued.. H.O.K. still makes their version which I think is actually better looking but don't match at all.. a lot more blue.
I gave my painter all the paint codes for my colors on my tank and he nor his supplier knew what they where, but he mixed his own and matched all 3 colors perfectly including the pin strip.

bigkelk9

Poison ivy: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLi-330A0Nr76oYccF9yPNc3LoLhl8tuJT

I spoke with PPG and the way it was explained to me is the two main colors which already have the pearls in it were discontinued because of the simple fact that these colors are no longer popular as they once were in the mid 2000's.. I'm sure someone can match it up and get it close.. I have painted and mixed many of my own colors before but after getting the layout as to what colors were what I understood no perfect match would be out there as far as buying the colors and making them.. lol..

BWG56

Guru
Poison ivy: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLi-330A0Nr76oYccF9yPNc3LoLhl8tuJT

I spoke with PPG and the way it was explained to me is the two main colors which already have the pearls in it were discontinued because of the simple fact that these colors are no longer popular as they once were in the mid 2000's.. I'm sure someone can match it up and get it close.. I have painted and mixed many of my own colors before but after getting the layout as to what colors were what I understood no perfect match would be out there as far as buying the colors and making them.. lol..
A good painter can make it match, their professionals and any moron knows that:rolleyes: too soon:oldlaugh:

kickstart

Can you share a pic... I like this Idea...
The covers I have are BD and purchased from Nelson, a guy who supplied BD parts to us back about ten years ago. They were model specific so they would fit the tank correctly. You could check with Bigdog or Shovelheadkicker and maybe they would have them. It's a black vinyl padded cover marked with the Bigdog Logo. First is K9 second is Bulldog. tank covers 001.JPG tank covers 002.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

airbrush-ed

kustompaintbyed.com
Here's the skinny on the particular paint...one of the pearls was made by ONE company in the world. All the other paint manufacturers just bought the raw stuff from them. This company's facility was in japan. It was destroyed in the fukushima earthquake. No one else makes it. Sometimes you can find some collecting dust in a paint store. But it is still ridiculously expensive. No, it cannot be matched by "the local talented painter" as suggested. Because the raw materials are virtually unobtainable.
I suggest you get someone to do some cover-up artwork over the damage.

bigkelk9

Here's the skinny on the particular paint...one of the pearls was made by ONE company in the world. All the other paint manufacturers just bought the raw stuff from them. This company's facility was in japan. It was destroyed in the fukushima earthquake. No one else makes it. Sometimes you can find some collecting dust in a paint store. But it is still ridiculously expensive. No, it cannot be matched by "the local talented painter" as suggested. Because the raw materials are virtually unobtainable.
I suggest you get someone to do some cover-up artwork over the damage.
Thank You! I was pretty much told the same thing when I was looking into that poison ivy bike for myself.. the individual that did get it already decided it needed a cover up art put on it after talking with his many paint connections. Now that it's coming straight from someone who was there painting these dogs, some of these guys might actually listen..

airbrush-ed

kustompaintbyed.com
Thank You! I was pretty much told the same thing when I was looking into that poison ivy bike for myself.. the individual that did get it already decided it needed a cover up art put on it after talking with his many paint connections. Now that it's coming straight from someone who was there painting these dogs, some of these guys might actually listen..
Nah. They usually dont!