She's too tired

Energy One

BigDogRick

Doesn't look like you're leaving much for me to do
Getting a condition update tomorrow. I am really glad the wear in the heads made themselves evident before trying to ride across the country to you. The whole rear end is completely worn beyond re-assembly. I was not even planning on doing anything back there. The last re-alignment and bearing replacement was last year along with full brake caliper replacement. But everything associated with the rear axle is toast.

BigDogRick

Motor mounted on new rubber mounts, same for rebuilt transmission. Rebuilt swingarm mounted, pulley and wheels mounted with reconstructed axle, all fully realigned. completely re-built the stator assembly, new Harley type controls threaded into beach bars, triple tree and front fork mounted with new seals and bearings. We are on the downhill side of this effort now.E6BF9B81-AB14-4A68-A368-8DB6E53CCCF6.jpeg

HMAN

I just like my Freedom
Milestone. I have a video of the initial firing up of the new motor, unadjusted - running a bit rough but satisfyingly. Alas, I cannot get the site to allow me to attach a 9 second video. So.... just imagine my elation.
Upload to youtube n share the link. Glad to hear she's running!

BigDogRick

"
Sounds great Rick. I know you had to have been jacked when she fired up!
Yes sir! I picked her up Friday afternoon with just enough time to ride home and park in the carport. Sigh. Had to get on the road to an out of town project. I can't wait to get back and do the break-in miles. The ignition comes with a pre-programmed Rev limiter that adjusts automatically at 250 miles and 500. Lots of tech advancements on this new 111 S&S Evo. I have compression releases for the first time ever.
!

HMAN

I just like my Freedom
"

Yes sir! I picked her up Friday afternoon with just enough time to ride home and park in the carport. Sigh. Had to get on the road to an out of town project. I can't wait to get back and do the break-in miles. The ignition comes with a pre-programmed Rev limiter that adjusts automatically at 250 miles and 500. Lots of tech advancements on this new 111 S&S Evo. I have compression releases for the first time ever.
!
Sounds like ya gonna have a lot of happy miles behind ya soon. Ride on!

BigDogRick

Update on the bike: I was able to get a morning ride to breakfast before the midday 110 heat only to have trouble with starting. Turns out the brand new battery was bad. Would register full charge but alas, no ass. There was one other issue, no rear brakes. I just had them completely rebuilt last year so I suspected it was just the new braided cables. We checked the hydraulic system and found a crack in the brake adapter where the pressure sensor mounts for the brake lights. Found one close enough to modify (same fittings, different bracket) at Ram Jet Racing and adapted it to my frame. As common as bad new batteries are, this is my first one. Am happily back home and planning my 4 am rides for the next 430 miles to get thru break-in.

BigDogRick

Three mornings 435 miles. 500 mile break-in accomplished. No issues. This new 111 mates up with my rebuilt 6 speed Baker fabulously. I can’t believe how much yaw I was tolerating from worn out bushings, bearings, shocks and forks. A few days to check everything out, change the break-in fluids and off to the Telluride Blues and Brews we go!E0053AA5-E409-4EFF-BFAA-0F088BCBCF80.jpeg787B140A-1BA1-443B-BFB5-99500BB28500.jpeg8932038A-C640-4A17-AAC3-495F992220F1.jpeg

BigDogRick

One last little victory. The Headwinds chrome headlight bucket extender has the most frustrating fine threaded light trim ring. I think you K9 guys have something similar. Fortunately I have only had to take it off and put it back on twice since I installed it over ten years ago. Anyway, this morning at the end of the ride I did my daily effort to rethread the damn thing and behold! Success!! 6E4F1328-E591-424A-A145-FF809A6E9176.jpeg