Rear wheel spacers

Mach_1

I am getting ready to put my rear wheel back on and can't remember which way the spacers on either side of the wheel go. I remember reading it on here a while back but after a quick search I can't find it.:bang::bang:

Gas Man

Cool isn't cheap
Calendar Participant
Not sure if this helps you and your k9 but

As always take the time during tear down and you'll thank yourself when you reassemble. I also numbered the spacers as you can see, which I rubbed off as I assembled it.

pompey

Also after reading a lot on this site I think the best thing to do is take a lot of pitures,step by step & mark it like Gas Man said. Which will help you remember & helps anyone else how to, who needs it too:up:

33637B6A-6263-4DB6-A518-6A027B429C42.jpeg Hi,

I could use some help. I blew my LH rear bearing on a 2006 Mastiff and totally destroyed the LH spacer between wheel and caliper (also, destroyed bearing and Hub). I see in your pic the bevel edges of spacers face inboard on your bike and would think that would be the case on my Mastiff.
My bevel edges on my spacers, when I took apart were into the frame and have dug groves. This seems wrong.? In your pic I can’t see if the LH outboard bevel faces inboard?? I would guess it does? This bike has 16k miles which I just bought recently and don’t know if bearings were replaced at 10K. I need to find a new spacer also and can’t get a PN.33637B6A-6263-4DB6-A518-6A027B429C42.jpeg

Copy, been in talks with her about spacers. Ordered new hubs from her already. The LH outboard spacer notch/bevel goes towards/against caliper arm?

woodbutcher

Mr. Old Fart member #145
Staff member
FYI don't go by the 10k. save yourself some headaches and just go ahead and change the bearings whenever you change the tires, and that will usually be around 6k/7.5k for the rear. and if you have the tendency to ride in the rain, do the bearings more often.

roadie1389

Frame <> Spacer flat both sides <>Caliper mount <> Spacer with lip facing bearing <> Wheel bearing. The other side is a solid spacer again the lip faces the bearing.

Copy, I appreciate all the info. Tires were replaced by previous owner about 1000 miles ago and those spacers were installed wrong like other things I’ve found installed wrong or missing on this bike.

Picture. Notice the wear marks from the spacers being pushed up against the frame cutouts for axle/adjuster.

Thanks guys,
Curtis
Charleston,SC

Attachments

bdm7250

Guru
Supporting Member
FYI don't go by the 10k. save yourself some headaches and just go ahead and change the bearings whenever you change the tires, and that will usually be around 6k/7.5k for the rear. and if you have the tendency to ride in the rain, do the bearings more often.
:agree: Bearings are cheap and simple to change, better safe than sorry..

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Copy, I appreciate all the info. Tires were replaced by previous owner about 1000 miles ago and those spacers were installed wrong like other things I’ve found installed wrong or missing on this bike.

Picture. Notice the wear marks from the spacers being pushed up against the frame cutouts for axle/adjuster.

Thanks guys,
Curtis
Charleston,SC
Ran across worse things.

Unlshd

I was a dumbass this spring and didn't take the time to check all the hex bolts on driven pulley. I'm assuming a noise i thought was a rock was actually a bolt. Long story short rather than call for help; i tried to limp her home. About 3/4 miles from home; remaining bolts worked out and the pulley/spacer pretty much welded them selves together. Any help on where I can find replacement parts is greatly appreciated.

Mastiff Rider64

Supporting Member
I was a dumbass this spring and didn't take the time to check all the hex bolts on driven pulley. I'm assuming a noise i thought was a rock was actually a bolt. Long story short rather than call for help; i tried to limp her home. About 3/4 miles from home; remaining bolts worked out and the pulley/spacer pretty much welded them selves together. Any help on where I can find replacement parts is greatly appreciated.
Call Donna or Eric from HDM. INC or check their website www.bigdogpartskingpin.com

20180712_113023.jpg

I am getting ready to put my rear wheel back on and can't remember which way the spacers on either side of the wheel go. I remember reading it on here a while back but after a quick search I can't find it.:bang::bang:
The side that has a ridge on it goes towards the wheel Bearing. The smooth flat side goes against the frame.