Rear brake lever, and brake lights

BWG56

Guru
I am talking to Tim BWG56 aim sorry if I sent some one the pictures that has the same name.

But anyway Tim BWG56 I sent the pictures to this email address <admin@bigdogbiker.com>
I had to send them from my daughter cell phone.
Mongoos
Your getting these emails from Tim, he's the owner of the website, you can turn off notifications so you don't get e-mails from him every time some one answers your posts, those from him are automatic e-mails. My name is Ker, if you look to the right at my avatar you will see my first name at the bottom of it.
You sent the photos to his e-mail

mongoos

Aim sorry about this Ker, aim not to good on this forms. I well email you the pictures tomorrow, my daughter is at work now
and she has them on her phone. I feel like a real dumbass about this, thinking your name was Tim. But when I went to school
the computers back then were as big as a house. Nothing like now a days.
See Ker I was born in 1947.
Mongoos

BWG56

Guru
Aim sorry about this Ker, aim not to good on this forms. I well email you the pictures tomorrow, my daughter is at work now
and she has them on her phone. I feel like a real dumbass about this, thinking your name was Tim. But when I went to school
the computers back then were as big as a house. Nothing like now a days.
See Ker I was born in 1947.
Mongoos
:oldhardlaugh::oldhardlaugh:no worries, its all good:old2::oldlaugh:

bdm7250

Guru
Supporting Member
If you want, send the pics to me, dhood@scottsteel.ca and I can post them on this thread. My name is Doug by the way...or Chucky.
From Michael:

Here are the pictures of the Brakes. A couple are of the front Break, just to let you know that i do know where the front sensor is. Its located under the hand control, its the black Plunger. The pictures of the back break i put on the line just to show you how it is hooked up on the bike. As you can see from the pictures of the back break there is only one line. I plan to completely flush both front and back resavors. I hope these pictures can tell you were my back break sensor is located. Thank You

Mongoos
20170820_121144.jpg 20170820_122231.jpg 20170820_122421.jpg 20170820_122145.jpg 20170820_120819.jpg 20170820_121206.jpg 20170820_120707.jpg

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
From Michael:

Here are the pictures of the Brakes. A couple are of the front Break, just to let you know that i do know where the front sensor is. Its located under the hand control, its the black Plunger. The pictures of the back break i put on the line just to show you how it is hooked up on the bike. As you can see from the pictures of the back break there is only one line. I plan to completely flush both front and back resavors. I hope these pictures can tell you were my back break sensor is located. Thank You

Mongoos
View attachment 48385 View attachment 48382 View attachment 48383 View attachment 48384 View attachment 48386 View attachment 48387 View attachment 48388
The brake sensor is connected to the black boot on the foot control...

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

mongoos

Hi Michael
I thought that is were I would adjust it at. Is there not something like a relay or some kind switch that is hook to the brake wires?
Thank you
Mongoos

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Michael
I thought that is were I would adjust it at. Is there not something like a relay or some kind switch that is hook to the brake wires?
Thank you
Mongoos
It's an electrical pressure switch...once the line is pressurized it sends the signal back to a control module to flag the brake switch. Chase that black wire to where it goes I have no idea what unit they used in 2011 if it's an EHC or something else.

mongoos

Thank you Michael I well take the gas tank off and chase the brake wires down.
The reason aim having so much trouble is the bike is a 2011 Big Dog K9 250 and there is No paper work on this model.
I was hoping to fine some one on this forum that has a 2011 model like mine.
What I think I well do is wait until my new brake pads come in to do this. Thank you Michael for your help.
Mongoos

BWG56

Guru
Thank you Michael I well take the gas tank off and chase the brake wires down.
The reason aim having so much trouble is the bike is a 2011 Big Dog K9 250 and there is No paper work on this model.
I was hoping to fine some one on this forum that has a 2011 model like mine.
What I think I well do is wait until my new brake pads come in to do this. Thank you Michael for your help.
Mongoos
Did you install the back brakes yet? If there are no brake pads in there your not going to get any pressure. Like you said after the pads are in, bleed both brakes to make sure there isn't any air in the lines, then report back before you go tearing into the wires

mongoos

Hi Ker
I well do that, my pads should be here soon.
I think that could be one reason way my brake light were not coming on
because when I took off the back pads there were no pad left, so I was getting no pressure in
the lines. Aim getting ready to take my grandson to football practice so if I do not answer you right away this is the reason.
Mongoos

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Did you install the back brakes yet? If there are no brake pads in there your not going to get any pressure. Like you said after the pads are in, bleed both brakes to make sure there isn't any air in the lines, then report back before you go tearing into the wires
Good point I forgot about the break pad issue.

Although that bike has to have 25-30k miles unless someone's been riding the break