Primary Service Cleaning??

Energy One

Drayno

First time tearing off entire outer cover of primary, oil did not look good. I cannot seem to find info of cleaning the inside...

Do you guys just wipe down best you can to get nasty shit out, or can I spray down insides with degreaser/cleaner?? Recommendations for such cleaner?

Thanks

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
If it's that bad I would pull it apart and then use cleaner. Does it have metal or aluminum particles in the oil?

Drayno

Looks like there is dust in the oil and the plug had some metal on the metal.

I have pulled the entire face to get all oil/residue out, just wondering what I can spray in there to clean without hurting the internals.

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
You need to pull the clutch pack and check it and the stator cover. Sounds like more than just normal wear. If you dont have a manual, there is a couple links on to to the downloadable pdf's

Drayno

It might be, however I have no idea what the turds who used to service it did. They have always just drained and refilled. Its riding season, so I'm probably going to wait until winter to pull pack and stator.

When I do, what might I be looking for, or just to clean?

bdm7250

Guru
Supporting Member
It might be, however I have no idea what the turds who used to service it did. They have always just drained and refilled. Its riding season, so I'm probably going to wait until winter to pull pack and stator.

Go ahead and use WD40 to clean the crap out, it won't harm anything. I don't suggest spraying it directly on your clutch just use a rag with WD around there.

You will want to check the wires to the plug, check for any broken magnets on the on the rotor, also the stator should be sealed and you should not have oil in there. Look for any warped items in the stator.

My apologies I thought you were asking what to look for on the stator and rotor. Inside your primary you may want to check the clutch hub nut while it’s apart, look for any damaged or worn parts, metal shaving. If you I have any metal etc .. may check the clutch carrier. Check your primary chain tension and If needed tension the chain.