Playing with fire on the Chopper

Energy One

Twisted

Stripped the chopper and painted the tank and fenders with HOK primer, sealer and black base. Ran into a little problem with moisture in the base so I had to redo but its all good now. Just finished airbrushing some blue fire and then shot some clear on the front and rear fender, hope to get the tank and side panels done tomorrow if all goes well. Came out pretty good for an novice, just picked up an airbrush a year ago cause I wanted to learn how to paint fire. Could be better, could be worse, but overall I'm happy with how it came out. Figure if I get alot better down the road, I'll just repaint. Heres some pictures, I'll post more once the tank is done.

20151031_115254_resized (Medium).jpg 20151031_115829_resized (Medium).jpg 20151031_115858_resized (Medium).jpg 20151031_115934_resized (Medium).jpg 20151031_115951_resized (Medium).jpg

francoblay1

The Spaniard
Stripped the chopper and painted the tank and fenders with HOK primer, sealer and black base. Ran into a little problem with moisture in the base so I had to redo but its all good now. Just finished airbrushing some blue fire and then shot some clear on the front and rear fender, hope to get the tank and side panels done tomorrow if all goes well. Came out pretty good for an novice, just picked up an airbrush a year ago cause I wanted to learn how to paint fire. Could be better, could be worse, but overall I'm happy with how it came out. Figure if I get alot better down the road, I'll just repaint. Heres some pictures, I'll post more once the tank is done.

View attachment 27434 View attachment 27435 View attachment 27436 View attachment 27437 View attachment 27438
:oldwtf: It looks awesome Butch! You can do my K9 anytime! :old2:

:cheers: :chopper:

chubs

Guru

View attachment 27434 View attachment 27435 View attachment 27436 View attachment 27437 View attachment 27438
And just what is wrong with that? NOTHING!!:old2::old2::chopper:

Twisted

Thanks alot guys, I really appreciate the comments! Took alot of practice to get this far and hopefully I can continue to improve. Got the tank painted and cleared today, was a long day. Except for the tiny bug, dirt and a run in the clear it came out really good. All that can be fixed though so not worried, but that run pissed me off.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

chubs

Guru
Thanks alot guys, I really appreciate the comments! Took alot of practice to get this far and hopefully I can continue to improve. Got the tank painted and cleared today, was a long day. Except for the tiny bug, dirt and a run in the clear it came out really good. All that can be fixed though so not worried, but that run pissed me off.

:oops::oops: Wet sand very carefully, you can most likely save it. :):)

Twisted

:oops::oops: Wet sand very carefully, you can most likely save it. :):)
It should be ok. A little de nibber for the run and some wetsand and buff should fix it. Worse case if anything too deep, I can wetsand and shoot another coat of clear. Working in a garage, I'm used to having to sand out dirt and bugs.

chubs

Guru
It should be ok. A little de nibber for the run and some wetsand and buff should fix it. Worse case if anything too deep, I can wetsand and shoot another coat of clear. Working in a garage, I'm used to having to sand out dirt and bugs.

I know all about working in the garage. Sometimes I think every bug in the tri-state area is in there.;);)