No power at my key

Sdupont

Hey guys I have an 01 mastiff. Bike sat for the winter I put a battery charger on it, came back 2 hrs later the battery was burning hot and reaked like sulfur. Put a new battery in it and when I turn my key on I have no power. Checked the battery with voltage meter it’s good, also I have 2 fuses right next to the battery they are good there is one 2” square module that says fused wire on it and one module that connects to both battery terminals and has a red light on it. That doesn’t light up. I’m not getting power on the voltage meter at the key. But my starter cranks over fine. Can anyone point me in the right direction on possible repairs66160

Sven

There might be a button under the battery area that is maybe a main pop-out type push fuse setup? See if someone chimes in and knows the trivia when those were used on your bike or no? The next is to have the meter or test light at the key switch hot side, move all those piggyback connectors up and down, push-pulled so you might see the power come back to the switch. Next is to remove the hot side wires and find out which one goes to the switch or into the unit controller and wire out from there to see who in the chain from batt to switch is broken.

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
And are you sure you reconnected all the wires back to the correct terminals on the battery -- I oopsed once on my old bike as a wire got loose from the bundle I made and I thought it was a ground (it was black) but it was meant to go to the positive side.
Just checking.

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
One thing I see, the black wire with the nylon cover on it, is your wire from your voltage regulator. That needs to have a 30 amp fuse between it and the battery. The connector is fixen to break off anyway.

chubs

Guru
Can't make it out very well, but is that a fork terminal tucked under the red connecter on the negative terminal, just in front of the battery?