New Pitbull Handlebars on my K9

Energy One

Drdave427

I am almost finished with the “plug and play” Kit I got from Eric @ HDM INC. - I would be finished with the swap but I decided to replace the tank mounts while I had them off. The new handlebars feel AMAZING !! I’m exactly 6’ and was a little stretched with the factory bars - these feel SO COMFORTABLE I can’t wait to test drive it. It feels like more than the advertised 3” pullback to me but I didn’t measure anything - just by sitting on it I can tell a HUGE difference. Easy swap - I got about 4 hours in it - including cleaning ,checking, testing and adjusting everything. All I lack is reinstalling the tank and putting gas in it and it’s ready to ride ! AMAZING kit and thanks to the folks at HDM for fast shipping and Eric for his knowledge - Also installed a new exhaust while I had it apart - Mr. Wright is helping me get a new mount for the new pipe - Thanks Shannon !!
CB9AF8C1-456F-4266-AA15-79582673696B.jpeg55FC7277-01C4-451B-BC2F-502B7AB5D712.jpeg

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Watch the clearance between the tank and the speedometer mount when you put the tank back on. Some of the mounts won't clear the tank, when you install those handle bars.

Drdave427

Watch the clearance between the tank and the speedometer mount when you put the tank back on. Some of the mounts won't clear the tank, when you install those handle bars.
Thanks - I will. I did take the bars off first then the tank. I got so anxious to feel the new bars I went ahead and installed them. I did get the Pitbull speedo mount too - I hope it gives a little room

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
I’m about ready to open a shop here in East TN — I really enjoy tinkering with these bikes. I have one of mine apart all the time whether it needs it or not !
Yeah im about ready to do the same thing....i will still weld and fab stuff to make the money needed to survive but also work on bikes for a far price cause i enjoy it....guy i have got to know that moved here from California just started one last year as something to do after he retired and he is loaded with bikes.....he is 6 days a week 12 hour days which he doesnt want....he keeps going up on his price to keep people away and it hasnt slowed him down none...so much for his retirement

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good Dave! Can't wait to hear how the ride goes for you.

Should be able to keep your back a little more 90 degrees/ straight up in the seat allowing for a little more comfort especially on longer rides.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Drdave427

Looks good Dave! Can't wait to hear how the ride goes for you.

Should be able to keep your back a little more 90 degrees/ straight up in the seat allowing for a little more comfort especially on longer rides.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Finished up and went for a test run and was amazed by the difference in how comfortable this bike is now — perfect for me. I appreciate you and HDM for guidance and amazing parts and supplies — not possible without them and the guys on this forum sharing their knowledge . Mr Wright custom made a killer exhaust bracket so I could finish my bike mods
Thanks everyone—91E57661-E42F-4470-9D42-10DFE43F590C.jpeg27F02652-C506-49CD-A02A-7B71218C524C.jpegA07621B7-4805-493E-891D-AB001DAB50F7.jpeg

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Bike looks killer! Dave, what is your height? Might be good for folks to know if anyone is on the fence.

Can I do a shameless plug? haha - Just great to see customers happy! That's all we care about.

Interesting with the mirrors mounted under the bars....you're going old school!

Drdave427

Bike looks killer! Dave, what is your height? Might be good for folks to know if anyone is on the fence.

Can I do a shameless plug? haha - Just great to see customers happy! That's all we care about.

Interesting with the mirrors mounted under the bars....you're going old school!

Yeah I do like the mirrors there - sleeker look to me - I need a clutch side factory mirror stem - I have 2 right/ throttle side stems - I’m going to mount those underneath too - tried the mirror I have it fit and looked good
Im exactly 6’ and this K9 with your kit is like sitting in my recliner at home -the most comfortable bike I’ve ever ridden Kit is a perfect plug and play - easier than I first considered

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I do like the mirrors there - sleeker look to me - I need a clutch side factory mirror stem - I have 2 right/ throttle side stems - I’m going to mount those underneath too - tried the mirror I have it fit and looked good
Im exactly 6’ and this K9 with your kit is like sitting in my recliner at home -the most comfortable bike I’ve ever ridden Kit is a perfect plug and play - easier than I first considered
haha recliner? well maybe your new trailer wont even have to be used! lol

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
The pitbull handlebar swap was without a doubt one of the best upgrades I did years ago!
Reminds me, got to see if I can get my mirrors underneath -- been thinking about that for eons, never bothered to try.

Drdave427

The pitbull handlebar swap was without a doubt one of the best upgrades I did years ago!
Reminds me, got to see if I can get my mirrors underneath -- been thinking about that for eons, never bothered to try.
The factory mirrors will work too - I need one stem and I’ll put the factory mirrors back on mine underneath -