Needing valves with all springs, spacers and locks for a 06 Mastiff 117. Do you have those

tatajoe

A friend of mine in Tucson Az. Was to work on the top end of my 06 mastiff unfortunately he had a brain aneurysm and passed. I got my back back but I'm missing the valves and all hardware for installation. He had managed to remove the cylinders to replace pistons and cylinders. Wife had no idea where anything was. He had multiple bike and hotrod but did all the work himself. I'm gonna tackle the task of building the bike myself. After taking inventory I realized that the heads came back bare. Hope you sell what I need sir.

FrankBDPS

A friend of mine in Tucson Az. Was to work on the top end of my 06 mastiff unfortunately he had a brain aneurysm and passed. I got my back back but I'm missing the valves and all hardware for installation. He had managed to remove the cylinders to replace pistons and cylinders. Wife had no idea where anything was. He had multiple bike and hotrod but did all the work himself. I'm gonna tackle the task of building the bike myself. After taking inventory I realized that the heads came back bare. Hope you sell what I need sir.
Joe, sorry to hear about you're friend. Good friends are in short supply nowadays and hard to find and even harder to keep.

I admire the fact that you are wanting to reassemble you're bike yourself. You are in for a long adventure. Most experienced mechanics like you're friend don't inventory every nut and bolt that they remove and it is going to take some time and effort to get everything back in order.

About you're heads. Since the valves have been removed from the heads you're friend must have been planing on doing a grind on the valves and seats. This takes special equipment and skills. It also takes special tools to reinstall the valves and springs. You need to find a shop to do this work for you.

Next question. Do you have the rocker shafts and arms to complete the valve train assembly?

My personal recommendation is to call John Sachs at Sachs Racing. He is in Florida but he is one of the best and most honest guys you can find to do this work for you. Last time I spoke with him he was doing two or three hundred sets of Vtwin heads a year.

Good luck with you're project.

Frank

tatajoe

Thank you all. Will call Mr. Sachs and make arrangements. I do have everything except the valves. Merry X-mas you all

john sachs

Thank you all. Will call Mr. Sachs and make arrangements. I do have everything except the valves. Merry X-mas you all
I need to know what size valves you need. I only stock 2.020" and up intakes, and 1.610" exhaust for Big Dogs. These are larger than what comes stock on EPA 117" Big Dogs. ( Stock Big Dog, EPA intakes are 1.940", and exhausts are 1.570"). Valve springs are No problem. I have them in stock. I need to know what cam you have.
John

Last edited:

Twistedspoke100

05 Mastiff
Have John do his 117 build on it you wont regret it. He will upgrade the heads better than stock, bore the carb, install a thunderjet and give you all the info on what you will need to finish. John is the man, he did all the machine work on mine last winter. The bike is a beast!