Need some advise, have a 03 AIH 107 S/S motor

Energy One

Jerome Yee

After the bike warms up about ten min she'll cut out an dies, she starts right back up and it'll run for another five ten min then dies..I put me battery and battery tender any idea?

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Has the cam sensor ever been changed out?....have you checked all the battery connection and the ground to make sure they are all good and clean and tight?

Jerome Yee

Has the cam sensor ever been changed out?....have you checked all the battery connection and the ground to make sure they are all good and clean and tight?
Brand new battery and new battery tender clean clamps and tight, did not know about can sensor change out, is it easy to do?
Thanks you brother

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Yeah its easy to do....not saying thats it yet tho....but sounds like something getting warm electrical wise and shutting it off....but with you saying it immediately refires up has got me stumped a little....usually a cam sensor wont immediately refire...it usually takes a few minutes for it to cool off and then it will refire....what all have you done so far so maybe we can start narrowing down things?

Jerome Yee

Yeah its easy to do....not saying thats it yet tho....but sounds like something getting warm electrical wise and shutting it off....but with you saying it immediately refires up has got me stumped a little....usually a cam sensor wont immediately refire...it usually takes a few minutes for it to cool off and then it will refire....what all have you done so far so maybe we can start narrowing down things?
So far like I said bought new battery and battery tender, I also put new fuel in and additive, and that's about it.. It starts right up but after ten mins it'll shut off again..

Jerome Yee

I looked up crankshaft sensor and from what I read it sounded just like the problem, losing power to shutting off and hesitation.. So you might be on to something

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
I looked up crankshaft sensor and from what I read it sounded just like the problem, losing power to shutting off and hesitation.. So you might be on to something
Well yours will be a cam sensor and not a crank sensor....05 and up models use a crank sensor

Jerome Yee

Well yours will be a cam sensor and not a crank sensor....05 and up models use a crank sensor
Your right Brother 2003 it's a cam/sensor
My bad, from what I read the loss of power and hesitation shut down hit the nail on the head.. but it still starts right up..