MastiffDaves gathering in Sept.

Energy One

shamrock

Well it looks like the 2022 Farm 2.0 is finally officially closed with all participants returning home safely. I am assuming Ted and Linda as well as Todd and Toni got home because I have not heard anything to the contrary. We have all tried to properly thank Dave and Buffy for their hospitality, generosity , and comarodary. Words are not able to do it. It is expressed in the smiles and laughter coming from the friendly conversations that occur when not riding. It is expressed when 29 motorcycles representing 14 different states come together as one unit to navigate the hills and curves of AR and OK. It is best expressed when saying goodbye with firm hugs and handshakes and thinking ahead to the next one when you haven't even left this one yet. Thanks to all that came this year to help Dave and Buffy's dream come true.

Nukeranger

Nukeranger
Supporting Member
I sure enjoyed the pictures and missed another great gathering and I am so sorry. Ridgeback runs great, trailer is good, and lifted monster 2021 Rubicon was ready but I blew it and also believe my clutch hand broken earlier this year was going to be a problem. I have yet to attend Dave’s wonderful gathering and hospitality!

Funny thing is (not so funny), I woke up this morning thinking I hadn’t missed it yet! So, busy with Ida repairs which dropped two trees on the house last year when it ran me over.

Last week I wiped off the Big Dog which had a lot of drywall pieces and dust on it from the ceiling collapse in the garage. It made me sick and I’ve lowered my standard of cleaning bikes for the next year.

Last edited:

Mickmorris

Supporting Member
I sure enjoyed the pictures and missed another great gathering and I am so sorry. Ridgeback runs great, trailer is good, and lifted monster 2021 Rubicon was ready but I blew it and also believe my clutch hand broken earlier this year was going to be a problem. I have yet to attend Dave’s wonderful gathering and hospitality!

Funny thing is (not so funny), I woke up this morning thinking I hadn’t missed it yet! So, busy with Ida repairs which dropped two trees on the house last year when it ran me over.

Last week I wiped off the Big Dog which had a lot of drywall pieces and dust on it from the ceiling collapse in the garage. It made me sick and I’ve lowered my standard of cleaning bikes for the next year.
There’s always Tennessee in May!

mastiffdave

we made a good call on doing it the week that we did i instead of waiting for the bbbq. Did a run to pigtrail and the convention center in the truck to see the out come . What a joke at both places. If you needed health ins or a lawyer than you were fixed up as not much else available. the convention center was outside in the parking lot as inside was a pharmacy convention. Lots of thought went into that . Pig trail was busy but was less venders than used to be set up there.. I spent most of my morning directing riders to less occupied areas of nw ark, in fact could have made a fortune leading rides out of that crap show. So many disappointed people from around the country that I talked to leads me to believe that the Walton’s and underwood’s have successfully put another big nail in the coffin for bbbq. No road closures and no traffic control means you sit in traffic at lights to go nowhere but to see more traffic and stop lights.. .

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
Well this year I discovered how expensive of a trip this really is for me.
Most years past, I have made reservation for the trip out and stay before hand and usually prepaid over the year when I made them (during non-riding time). This year I reserved at the Airport and got a great rate but I didn't prepay.
Travelling for 2 weeks is not cheap. But the riding and seeing my family is worth every penny!

liferider

Looking forward to retirement
I’ve been able to breath a little since the Gathering, life is definitely different now. A week before the Gathering I called Dave and we talked for a while. I told him about Larry And what was in my future. He told me to just fly up and stay with him & Buffy and ride one of his bikes. I told him thank you that the ride up would do me good. It did both ways. I was able to listen to my testing material via Alexa & my phone and it gave me time to decompress with my brothers death for the first time. I can’t say how much it meant to be around this big family reunion we all come to. Family is good medicine. Each and everyone of y’all helped me in some way. Like stated before this is the family reunion that you want to attend! Thank you Dave and Buffy for all the hard work to put this together each yr. Y’all mean the world to me guys.