Luggage Rack by Wild Steed Worx

Energy One
Okay so I took in all the suggestions and I am to understand that most would rather see the rack parallel to the ground as opposed to slanted to match the sissy bar. See the new images below

Alright folks
This is our prototype. Final product will be available in Chrome and raw metal, for those who would like to powder coat it to match their ride e.t.c.
You see two cross bars but after checking the bag on it we felt there should be three so the final rack will have 3 cross bars.
We have chosen to use a clamp style mount as we like the cleaner look than the two piece 4 screw mount. The mount you see in the picture has one screw low under the rack bar so it isn't as obvious.
Put your suggestions in now because we will be solidifying this over the next two days and begin fabrication towards the end of next week.
These will be available in 250, 300, and, if we get enough requests, we will make other sizes as well.
Price will still be less than BDs but we meet with the chromer this week so I will have a definite answer then.

Attachments

Last edited:

francoblay1

The Spaniard
Cool. I will buy one once it's all finished.

Just a thought... It looks like it is pointing down ('cause of the tilt of the sissy bar)... Would it be possible to make it so it stays parallel to the road?

:2thumbs:

Last edited:

Kdub

I agree the luggage rack has too much angle. I don't care for the luggage rack, but the bar looks killer.

seavee

Looks great. I agree that it needs to be tilted up just a bit, Like the factory rack. The main bars that weld to the bungs seem like they should be centerd on them.

mptexas

How long is the luggage rack, and I agree with the tilt. It needs to be parallel with the road. Great Work!
~p

I may be interested in a 6" sissy bar for a 250. Just enough to keep the bitch on the bike. Do you guys plan on making any shorter style bars?

Sloan1971

Okay so I took in all the suggestions and I am to understand that most would rather see the rack parallel to the ground as opposed to slanted to match the sissy bar. See the new images below

Alright folks
This is our prototype. Final product will be available in Chrome and raw metal, for those who would like to powder coat it to match their ride e.t.c.
You see two cross bars but after checking the bag on it we felt there should be three so the final rack will have 3 cross bars.
We have chosen to use a clamp style mount as we like the cleaner look than the two piece 4 screw mount. The mount you see in the picture has one screw low under the rack bar so it isn't as obvious.
Put your suggestions in now because we will be solidifying this over the next two days and begin fabrication towards the end of next week.
These will be available in 250, 300, and, if we get enough requests, we will make other sizes as well.
Price will still be less than BDs but we meet with the chromer this week so I will have a definite answer then.
How do I get one of these in chrome???

Steven Proctor

I think it looks good. I think parallel with the ground is better aesthetically and it would make it easier to clean the rear fender.

woodbutcher

Mr. Old Fart member #145
Staff member
contact Curtis at WildSteedWorx.com and see if he still has any. his site says he will be closed from 10/25-11/1, could be because of the fires.

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
I think it looks good. I think parallel with the ground is better aesthetically and it would make it easier to clean the rear fender.
I had the parallel to the fender unit and it looked GREAT.
But when I loaded the luggage on the K-9, that extra tilt put just enough extra strain on the luggage that I broke several straps over the years. Damn cheap metal fasteners on the BDM/Kuryakyn luggage -- ah nothing a split ring didn't fix!

SB03chopper

Mine on the 03 chopper is parallel, and I like the looks. Good going with everyone else catching up with the Older Bikers.

Jwooky

I think the parallel to the ground looks best. However, not being 90 deg to the sissy bar make it difficult to put things there since bags are 90 deg. Guess it depends on what's more important.