Loctite

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Dry torque or Run On Torque should have very resistance up to class 3 threads if there is resistance stop and find the problem, usually it can be taken care of with taps or dies.
Haha I agree its definitely not gonna be a huge issue here on our bikes, very minimal for us. I was just kinda being an ass this AM.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

kickstart

Haha I agree its definitely not gonna be a huge issue here on our bikes, very minimal for us. I was just kinda being an ass this AM.

No, it's a good point especially for those who have not worked in this area. Lets just not mention run off and break away. :) not needed here.

BWG56

Guru
I noticed in the chart mentioned above that the Clutch hub nut, rear axle, top motor mount just to mention a few are different from the manual. By a lot. I know what I will follow because of the problems I have had with these coming loose.

Big D Florida

Troop Supporter
I noticed in the chart mentioned above that the Clutch hub nut, rear axle, top motor mount just to mention a few are different from the manual. By a lot. I know what I will follow because of the problems I have had with these coming loose.
It was that very issue with my clutch, that prompted my initial search on the subject.

liferider

Looking forward to retirement
1 thing about Loctite, NEVER ever ever use it on a hydraulic system!!! 1 drop in the oil and your motor and pump are junk! Friend owns one of the largest hydraulic shops in north La and he does 3-4 units a month from people using Loctite on hoses and a few drops getting into the oil system. Yep Loctite in the hydraulic oil makes sugar in a gas tank seem like a good thing!!!!

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Yea that's an older chart using 04 manual. The 07-08 manuals cleaned most of the torque specs up except for the clutch hub nut I think was still not the 150 we all use now. I always use the 08 Manual even on my 2004 unless it's Primary or trans related.

Other than the clutch hub nut I can't think of any that the 08 manual we have changed over the years?