Jet sizes for an S&S g carb.

Energy One

wolfen

Hi , I have a 2005 Big Dog Chopper , the motor ate a front cylinder exhaust valve when it had 4000 miles on it.I had the motor rebuilt. My guy put in the bigger valves , balanced the crank . It has a 240 cam in it. It seems to be running rich. Which is likely because it was a new build. I want to re-jet the carb. I was wondering if any body had any suggestions as to where to start. What size main jet? What size intermediate jet? I would appreciate any suggestions.

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
31/76 is a good start. After bike is broke in have it duno'd and see what the fuel curve is. Should be right at 13.6

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Lifetime Supporting Member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Supporting Member
I'd go through the jetting process with what you have in it now. It could just need adjusting. If not, then you will know for sure and go from there.

Jetting is easy, but a little time consuming. S&S's procedure is great in that it explains what is going on and what your results will mean, and then which jet to change out.

bruce

like they said, you can go on S&S website and download the whole set up, re-jetting etc.

francoblay1

The Spaniard
Hi , I have a 2005 Big Dog Chopper , the motor ate a front cylinder exhaust valve when it had 4000 miles on it.I had the motor rebuilt. My guy put in the bigger valves , balanced the crank . It has a 240 cam in it. It seems to be running rich. Which is likely because it was a new build. I want to re-jet the carb. I was wondering if any body had any suggestions as to where to start. What size main jet? What size intermediate jet? I would appreciate any suggestions.
A couple files attached, also go to youtube and look for S&S Carburator tunning and jetting vids.

Attachments

SEAL-rider

. Did you replace the TP rocker boxes with S&S?