It's amazing......

Energy One
Status
Not open for further replies.

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
There's a lot of faithful owners of big dog motorcycles. over 13,000 members just on here and I don't know how many on facebook(or care).
I don't ride any of my bikes much anymore or at least since I started racing my cars. This isn't to say that I don't like riding ,just the cars take up a lot of my free time and dollars:) Going cheap just gives more people access:old2:

bigkelk9

Ummmm... no way to say this nicely, but you just became a cookie cutting everyone and their mother kinda guy... I’m gonna take a wild guess and say ur gonna get a vette too... jmo, but setting urself aside from the ordinary is worth way more then anything else.

bigkelk9

But cool don't get you home. Anybody that does any serious riding knows these bikes aren't built for that. Sure, there are some hardcore riders on here that put serious miles on their dogs, but the majority of these bikes are very low miles. When was the last time you heard of somebody buying an 06 Harley with 648 miles on it. These bikes are great for barhopping, but for the Long haul, there are much better riding bikes out there. That the reason that all of your serious club members ride baggers. Because it nothing to put in a 5 or 6 hundred mile day at 80 and 85 moles an hour. Try that on a ridgeback. The bikes are good for one purpose. For guys with a lot of disposable dollars to stroke their egos. That's the reason the market fell apart in 08, because the disposable dollars dried up and people couldn't justify $35k for a toy. These are great bikes, but they are toys. Just sayin.
I ride my bike all over, so does rick, Roger, Eric and a ton of other guys here. I never had to deal with any of the typical electrical issues because I hardwired my bike, but she is as reliable as any Honda or Yamaha I have ever owned which are way more reliable then any Harley I owned as well. But to each their own. Cheers

TapioK

I’m shiping my CVO to Finland and am leisurely thinking whether to do my summer ride to Europe with Ultra or Choppa . It’s gonna be 2-4 weeks around mainly Eastern Europe, maybe 4000 miles or so. No rush. Just like last summer.
I know Choppa would do it with flying colors but I just have never had a long trip with Ultra

41bigdawg

Let the Big Dawg eat !
Supporting Member
I've thought a bought this for a couple days and have to say my piece...Slick117, I don't know,why you felt the need to post this crap on here? I am happy for you that you got rid of your Dogs and got 2 really nice Harleys to replace them, happy that you think you are cool (confidence is a positive trait) also happy that you have had a Vet for years but don't come on here and bash something that we all love. Sorry you had bad luck with your Dogs. If you were looking for a fight you came to the right place. You should take your two new cookie cutters over to a Harley site I'm sure they would love to hear all about what junk the Big Dogs are! I'll be glad to show you the back end of my 300 any time :chopper:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Slick117

The only thing detrimental I've said about these bikes are they're not built for long rides. And yes, they are good for stroking your ego. And bigkelk is the one that threw out the Vette comment, not me.......and I've got plenty of fast toys......so showing me the back end of your 330 ain't going to happen......unless your over the 170 range.

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
But cool don't get you home. Anybody that does any serious riding knows these bikes aren't built for that. Sure, there are some hardcore riders on here that put serious miles on their dogs, but the majority of these bikes are very low miles. When was the last time you heard of somebody buying an 06 Harley with 648 miles on it. These bikes are great for barhopping, but for the Long haul, there are much better riding bikes out there. That the reason that all of your serious club members ride baggers. Because it nothing to put in a 5 or 6 hundred mile day at 80 and 85 moles an hour. Try that on a ridgeback. The bikes are good for one purpose. For guys with a lot of disposable dollars to stroke their egos. That's the reason the market fell apart in 08, because the disposable dollars dried up and people couldn't justify $35k for a toy. These are great bikes, but they are toys. Just sayin.
Well to be doing 5-6 hundred at 80-85 means your doing superslab -- not my preferred roadway -- Give me the back roads anyday.
I've done the 700miles/day on the Big Dog -- now days I'm retired and don't need to be anywhere that fast.
RoadKing vs k-9 -- I'll take my K-9 each and every time hands down. I am far more comfortable on my K-9 than ANY HARLEY I have ever ridden or sat on.
Quite frankly Slick, glad you're happy now that you've moved on to Harleys'
Since you 're not running a Big Dog any more and from your message not likely to get one again it begs the question "Why are you here still?"

bigkelk9

All I was simply saying slick is there is no sense of being unique or different in owning a Harley and a vette. Anyone who wants to make a statement starts there... now you wanna make an everlasting impression... get a BigDog and a Viper... just be unique is all I was saying man... but whatever works for you... I was joking and I guess ur thread all went too far... sorry brosky

demon dog

The only thing detrimental I've said about these bikes are they're not built for long rides. And yes, they are good for stroking your ego. And bigkelk is the one that threw out the Vette comment, not me.......and I've got plenty of fast toys......so showing me the back end of your 330 ain't going to happen......unless your over the 170 range.
Get your story straight...calling these bikes money pits is not being detrimental? I'd rather ride a couple of hundred miles of back country road on a bike that I love than 600 or 800 on a cookie cutter at an unsafe speed on a concrete interstate just so I could call myself a "serious rider" I ride what I ride because I love it...love the bike...and love that when it is parked in a sea of Harleys- it's real easy to find (usually by the crowd of Harley guys draped all over it). I'll let you get back to your New Bro's on the Harley forum cause I don't think anyone here wants to hear you crying in your beer. jmo

Unsprung

In the Potters hand...
Hey now, I own a Big Dog, (#2 for me), my choice, I own a Vette, (old school 81), also my choice, would love a bagger without the oversized BIG wheel, (they handle really well). Slick, I hear you and more power to ya, maybe you came across wrong in post #1, seemed like bashing to me also, (they are not all money pits).
Happy for you and your new scoots, hope they bring you years of joy. Hang out here, pop in every now and maybe enjoy looking at the cool bikes like most of us do. Couple of BD owners also own HD’s, preference is what America is all about and that’s your choice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.