It's amazing......

Energy One
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slick117

What you can buy once you get rid of these money pits. After three Big Dogs and countless thousands of dollars, ive got a better idea.IMG_20190416_182658.jpg

TapioK

What you can buy once you get rid of these money pits. After three Big Dogs and countless thousands of dollars, ive got a better idea.View attachment 64231
Seems like -08 K9 is more of the money pit than my -03 Chopper, in 4 years I have invested new spark plugs, tires an oil into it and those plugs are still in shelve.. And I do ride it in Europe. Oh yes, I did put a new starter. The old is now repared to a spare, so that investment was bit overkill.
On the otherhand my trusty 1997 Fat Boy is running strong with only regular maintenance... I did invest smaller Led lights to it though, does that count?

roadie1389

Ha, friend at work got into Jeepin. THAT IS A MONEY PIT. He has way more in that dam thing than I have in all my motorcycles.

Minuteman

Just think, if we did not want a chopper we would have bought a Honda:(, NAH. Although I will admit my Harley's very rarely break down. But not near enough fun.:D Oh, by the way Happy Easter all.

heybaylor

hmm, my 01 Pit has been almost zero $$$, paid 5k,used fixed the sumpin, problem, went through the ss carb , then five years later , still runs fine .
btw , maintenance has been tires, battery , and oil ...........
same as my three Harleys....
My Boat = different story

Reddickracing

Went to local Harley store this w-end, free hamburgers, 100 baggers and my big dog, guess which turned heads and everyone came to look at. Not the damn front fairing Harley. And knock on wood, havnt had any major problems

41bigdawg

Let the Big Dawg eat !
Supporting Member
Here is the difference...had the K9 out this morning for a quick burn. Picked my girl up at her house and rode to my house to get my Harley to ride about an hour for Easter dinner with the family. We had to carry some stuff so the Harley was a better choice. About 3 miles from the house my girl leans forward and says in my ear..."This is not as much fun as the Big Dawg" I was thinking the same thing :chopper:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Here is the difference...had the K9 out this morning for a quick burn. Picked my girl up at her house and rode to my house to get my Harley to ride about an hour for Easter dinner with the family. We had to carry some stuff so the Harley was a better choice. About 3 miles from the house my girl leans forward and says in my ear..."This is not as much fun as the Big Dawg" I was thinking the same thing :chopper:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Marry that girl.

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Founder
Lifetime Supporting Member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Supporting Member
Don't need a bike to make me look cool. I make the bike look cool.
Never said anything about you, just the bike.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Nukeranger

Nukeranger
Supporting Member
I also believe all my boats were money pits. Just my opinion. The only time my bikes cost me money was for regular maintenance and owning 5 is where it started to add up for me. So, I’ve dropped down to just riding the Big Dog mostly which means oil changes, tire changes, and cleaning. So, it’s practically free for me.

Slick117

But cool don't get you home. Anybody that does any serious riding knows these bikes aren't built for that. Sure, there are some hardcore riders on here that put serious miles on their dogs, but the majority of these bikes are very low miles. When was the last time you heard of somebody buying an 06 Harley with 648 miles on it. These bikes are great for barhopping, but for the Long haul, there are much better riding bikes out there. That the reason that all of your serious club members ride baggers. Because it nothing to put in a 5 or 6 hundred mile day at 80 and 85 moles an hour. Try that on a ridgeback. The bikes are good for one purpose. For guys with a lot of disposable dollars to stroke their egos. That's the reason the market fell apart in 08, because the disposable dollars dried up and people couldn't justify $35k for a toy. These are great bikes, but they are toys. Just sayin.

Status
Not open for further replies.