If I was still commuting to work and AIH parts were still being made I'd be all over this deal

Energy One

Jersey James

Jersey James
There are at least two AIH parts dealers, that will have almost everything you could possibly need to replace. One of the "weak" components was the speedometer/tachometer which can also be repaired or replaced. I own three AIH ~ LSC, and would purchase a fourth, if I found another I liked at the right price. I also own 03 BDM Pitt Bull, had this bike the longest time. A great motorcycle, with the S&S 600 cam, and a modified super "G" by Triple X, runs like a scolded dog... The "Legend" AIH you are considering, was their version of a Chopper, only in a scaled down model...

Mickmorris

Supporting Member
Well that’s like saying HDM Inc. will run out of BigDog parts. Could happen someday who knows. But then again it might not. If you worry about stuff like that you might as well just get a Harley-Davidson. I don’t think a AIH would appreciate you as a owner with that mindset. Of course that’s strictly my opinion. :cheers: :chopper:AC0E614C-B9C0-45AC-B85B-2D487FB2DF64.jpeg

No H2O

I have more peace of mind with Big Dog because the company is still, or rather back, in business so that's one source of parts. Also (I say this having never wrenched on an AIH) it seems that most of the BDM components are not necessarily BDM fabricated, they use PM, Baker, stuff etc.
Turns out I actually do have a Harley now (friend was moving and had to get rid of it and offered it to me for half of book value) and there is certainly something to be said for the convenience of getting parts, bigger tank, not having to constantly polish it, etc. but even with full LEDs it doesn't get nearly, or any, of the attention the Big Dog does.
With that said IMHO the AIH bikes are the best looking of the three, or any brand for that matter
Beautiful set of bikes by the way

No H2O

now I'm highly tempted BUT I noticed the ad says the polished aluminum parts were dipped in chrome. is there any way to determine the "quality" of the dip? I've noticed differences in chrome, e.g. TP rocker boxes peeling chrome vs Harley chrome which I've never seen peel or bubble

Mickmorris

Supporting Member
Well chrome plating is chrome plating. There’s always a possibility that the company doing it will do a poor job. That was the deal with TP & their issues. I had my rocker covers redone & they look awesome. Not really sure but that listing is down now. Might have sold already.

Last edited:

No H2O

Well chrome plating is chrome plating. There’s always a possibility that the company doing it will do a poor job. That was the deal with TP & their issues. I had my rocker covers redone & they look awesome. Not really sure but that listing is down now. Might have sold already.
looks like another one slipped through my fingers ...