Ideas on why my wolf won’t idle

Energy One

Jwooky

I’m not completely clear on the question, but here is the wiring. The gel is probably just die electric gel to keep water off it, not adhesive.
A0FFB730-F329-4D68-B0A7-10E199B09C45.jpeg

Thanks Jwooky. I was trying to reassemble the control plate and cables. Wasn't sure what to do with the black wire that is capped and is just stiffed into the control assembly. ended up fishing the 4cm wire back into the bar opening where the loom for the control comes out. As well there are only 5 frmale slops on the clasp to the two part commector. The actual connectior has 6 female so it does connect properly just not able to get a proper fit with the click on the 2 piece of the connector.
As I read this over i realize I should have take some photos of it to show what I was trying explain. In any event its all back together and working. So well enough alone. Waiting to strip the tank then a new liner and pump,
Thanks
Cheers

..so I managed to track down two new injectors through S&S via a Harley shop.
The Wolf's injectors are 6.2G/S and the part number on them cross referenced with S&S and told us that it was the only injector out there that would work for the specs. Assured us it would work. The short of it is this, they are shorter that the original Drag brand that were in the bike. I haven't done a fitment yet as they said they would work something out in the return world if they did not fit but from a spec and size anyone have any insight? Has anyone replaced with like injectors?
Thanks.

Attachments

Jwooky

When I replaced one few years back, they were identical. I would confirm with S&S directly. They are they experts who spec’d them out.

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
..so I managed to track down two new injectors through S&S via a Harley shop.
The Wolf's injectors are 6.2G/S and the part number on them cross referenced with S&S and told us that it was the only injector out there that would work for the specs. Assured us it would work. The short of it is this, they are shorter that the original Drag brand that were in the bike. I haven't done a fitment yet as they said they would work something out in the return world if they did not fit but from a spec and size anyone have any insight? Has anyone replaced with like injectors?
Thanks.
All I can say is the top ones (shorter) look like what are in my Big Dog K-9

That is what S&S came back with. I’ll double check and mention the size difference.
i did get the one injector to work again after more cleaning.
will use those for initial start up.
Thanks all!

Just finished cleaning the Wolf tank with multiple acetone baths. Old liner is gone!! Was time consuming but did the job in the end.
Im going to put in a new liner now to make sure this doesn’t happen again. It is a type of epoxy that coats the inside.
Ihave the crossover threaded outlets sealed up with 10mm fine thread plugs and was wondering if there is anything special about the brass outlet fitting on the tank that accepts a long black, what looks to be a drain line to under the bike .Does it thread into some sort of valve on the inside? Other wise it looos like fuel would just flow out when the tank is half full. I don’t want to coat/cover anything that is not supposed to be.
Has anyone coated a tank with this configuration?
thanks in advance.
gary.

jsmuth

I went thru the same issue with injectors and have had a slew of other issues with my Wolf as well. I've had 2 pumps fail and had to buy 1. Curtis was able to rebuild the second one. The injectors can be purchased from BMW and they are an exact match. I have 2 but I think they're in my storage unit. I'll try to find the part numbers but it will be a couple of days before I can get to the unit.

Thanks jsmuth. The BMW injectors may come in handy down the road. I did manage to get the one injector that seemed closed open to finally clear up. Some time in the ultra sonic bath, a nine volt battery and carb cleaned finalyl did the trick. The bike ran flawlessly the few times I had it out since the snows came.
On a side note The Harley dealer did take back the injectors less a shipping and re stock fee, that S&S said would fit( and wasnt even close). so that helped out saving a few dollars, so thanks to Kanes Harley.
when you say the fue lpump failed was it an electrical problem or mechanical with the pump? Curious because I replaced the original, not that it wasnt working but I was afraid it would fail sooner because of all th eadded pressure put on it due to the tank lining blocking it.
Thanks for the part numbers?
DB

Jwooky

The Walbro pumps (used in ~80% Vehicles) are virtually bulletproof. Same with the Bosch injectors.

99% of the time the issue is debris, tank liner etc, and or the fuel line breaks down with ethanol and clogs the injectors.

If you are have problems with an EFI bike, it’s highly recommended to remove the tank, pump assembly, fuel lines, rail and injectors all at one and clean out the entire system.

Replace the fule line with newer ethanol safe line.