How to Read your Ignition Module

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Many have asked lately what the ignition module does and what the "computer" plug is for. Your 05 and later bikes comes with a remote located ignition module unlike the cam chest version of the older models. With software you can get from Thunderheart you can plug into this and real the history of your bike. Hours, RPM's and more. Here is just an example of what my read out was from a few years ago and readout was downloaded when bike was back at the factory.

This is a pic of the Adj ignition module but looks similar to the stock un-adjustable model we all have.

francoblay1

The Spaniard
I have NEVER been able to read my stock one.... no problem with the ASM5012... is the software, for the stock one, different? or is it because the stock one is locked from factory so no one can temper with it at home?

:cheers:

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
I have NEVER been able to read my stock one.... no problem with the ASM5012... is the software, for the stock one, different? or is it because the stock one is locked from factory so no one can temper with it at home?

:cheers:
With the computer connection you can plug in the serial cable and download the ignition info. Same with the adjustable one. :cheers:

francoblay1

The Spaniard
I've tried several times.... the stock one is not letting me get into it, it does not stablish comms with my PC.

At the same time, if I plug the new (programmable one it does stablish comms straight away :confused:

mickeylondon

Hi help needed my o5 B/D wont start i am not getting any spark in the plugs checked all the wires and it brought me to the ignition module when i press the start bottom it lights up red and stay red solid the bike turns over very strong i checked the fuel as well and there is no prob there do I need to replace the module and should I stay with the stock one or upgrade it

My school

Hi help needed my o5 B/D wont start i am not getting any spark in the plugs checked all the wires and it brought me to the ignition module when i press the start bottom it lights up red and stay red solid the bike turns over very strong i checked the fuel as well and there is no prob there do I need to replace the module and should I stay with the stock one or upgrade it
When I turn on my bike. It lights up red, but then the light turns off. Starts right up. Maybe since yours stays on, there is an error? Also don't forget about the crank sensor.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
That's correct light will still on when the RUN button is pressed. It should actually blink while starting.

if you toggle the bike from RUN to OFF the light should turn off as well and vise versa.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk