Harbor Freight Lift

awg

Guru
How far out can you mount the wheel chock that Mr. Wright uses? Would like to fit the ridgeback on the whole lift. In order to do that I would have to mount the chock pretty far forward.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
How far out can you mount the wheel chock that Mr. Wright uses? Would like to fit the ridgeback on the whole lift. In order to do that I would have to mount the chock pretty far forward.
12-14" should work. Just measure it to confirm I am in that ballpark.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Here's another thing you can do. I cut some 1/2'' metal strips, and slid them in the back of the table. Once the bike is on the table, you lift the ramp and slid the bars out to hold up the ramp. Gives you more table space, but won't hold the weight of the bike.
IMG_20190110_095015_resized_20190110_052722538.jpg

Mastiff Rider64

Supporting Member
I made this a few years ago and it is still working great for me, no fender clearance issues at all and I can easily access all of the bike.

View attachment 64440 View attachment 64441
How do you get the lift under your bike, I have a lift like that and I dont have the clearance to slide the lift under the bike without rolling the back tire up on a landscape paver, then trying to balance the bike as I slide the lift under it then get off the bike and raise the lift enough to hold the bike steady then lower the lift and re position it while holding the bike up and then if i'm lucky getting the lift in the right spot the second go araound. lol. Then I can jack the bike up.

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
How do you get the lift under your bike, I have a lift like that and I dont have the clearance to slide the lift under the bike without rolling the back tire up on a landscape paver, then trying to balance the bike as I slide the lift under it then get off the bike and raise the lift enough to hold the bike steady then lower the lift and re position it while holding the bike up and then if i'm lucky getting the lift in the right spot the second go araound. lol. Then I can jack the bike up.
You need to start that crossfit training. Your routine seems like a work out.

Mastiff Rider64

Supporting Member
You need to start that crossfit training. Your routine seems like a work out.
Shit it is, I went and actually bought a harbor freight motorcycle lift the one you drive up on, now I don't have the fancy wheel chock thing that I see in the pictures that locks in the front wheel and thinking that will be on the list to buy, but I've yet to get my bike on it and actually get off the bike to strap it down to work on it. I cant close the vise from the bike or strap it by myself. So until I figure a way to do that unless my girl friend is there to help me out I'm screwed. I even bought a low profile jack to put under the bikes to lift it up to clean the wheels on the lift table, still in the box. lol But it looks good with all the modifications I made to the lift and the ramp I bought and customized to get the bikes on the lift with out scrubbing.

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
Shit it is, I went and actually bought a harbor freight motorcycle lift the one you drive up on, now I don't have the fancy wheel chock thing that I see in the pictures that locks in the front wheel and thinking that will be on the list to buy, but I've yet to get my bike on it and actually get off the bike to strap it down to work on it. I cant close the vise from the bike or strap it by myself. So until I figure a way to do that unless my girl friend is there to help me out I'm screwed. I even bought a low profile jack to put under the bikes to lift it up to clean the wheels on the lift table, still in the box. lol But it looks good with all the modifications I made to the lift and the ramp I bought and customized to get the bikes on the lift with out scrubbing.
you need the flat scissor jack and just lay it on you lift about where it need to go under the center of the bike. when you ride up just lean down and shove it under the frame and take a few turns to snug it up. do it a couple times and it is very easy to do, even for an omf. hope this helps and when you get it on the lift, share some picks.++:oldthumbsup:

Mastiff Rider64

Supporting Member
you need the flat scissor jack and just lay it on you lift about where it need to go under the center of the bike. when you ride up just lean down and shove it under the frame and take a few turns to snug it up. do it a couple times and it is very easy to do, even for an omf. hope this helps and when you get it on the lift, share some picks.++:oldthumbsup:
Thats the low profile jack I bought the red scissor jack, but it will not fit under the Bulldog on the lift. It may fit under the Mastiff but have yet to try it. And I'll try to get some pictures up of the lift and the ramp later tonight or tomorrow.

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
Thats the low profile jack I bought the red scissor jack, but it will not fit under the Bulldog on the lift. It may fit under the Mastiff but have yet to try it. And I'll try to get some pictures up of the lift and the ramp later tonight or tomorrow.

I don't have any problem getting my jack under the Bulldog on the lift.

Mastiff Rider64

Supporting Member
On my lift I took the stock ramp braced it and welded it to the front to extend it out some, then I cut so much off when I mounted condor wheel chock on it. I bought 2 set of atv ramps from habor freight, I took angle iron bought at lowes and cut 4, 15 inch pieces, bolting it to the lift table, then taking one set of the ramps and placing them on each side of the ramp to have a place for my feet as i get the bike up on the lift. I took the other set of ramps and had to cut them flush with the floor and the plate with the bend that bolts to them, had to straighten it out so the ramps sit flush on the floor and lift table. I then bolted the 2 ramps together and each ramp down to the lift table with one 5/16 bolt inch and a half long bolt but not tightening them up completely so they can sag just a bit when lifted. Once the bike is on, I then remove 4 cotter pins and bolts holding on each side step, push the angle iron under the table and jack the bike up. If I need a place to sit things I'm removing I can leave the side step on and have extra room. I still cant get the scissor jack under the bulldog or mastiff without putting down a 1x4 board under the rear tire, but for now it works.

Attachments