Greetings, and help? Frame info and Rear brake light issues

Love2fixit

Well hi from Callahan Florida. Just bought this beast of a 2003 Big Dog, was told it was a pit bull. Has the 107 super sidewinder and Baker 6 speed tranny. Love the bike. Only issue is no brake light. It's got the single light of multi LEDs on the fender. The turn signal will light it bright and flash so I know it's not the light itself but I can't imagine both front and rear mc pressure sensors are bad. Im a mechanic so I know a little but need some info on how this system works. Seems there's a silver box under the seat that controls the signal blink. Does this have anything to do with brake lights also? A wire diagram would be nice too.

Well also I've looked at alot of pics of pit bull bikes and haven't found a bike like mine with the rake my frame has. I thought I read a couple posts in here that there were different frame options within the different models? Anyone know what frame this is? I know the forks aren't original because I have those forks separate when I bought the bike. Any info would be great. Thanks

Attachments

Love2fixit

Thanks. Since I was told it was a pit bull that's what I have been looking at. Didn't know they had a chopper line and didn't think of it. Thanks.

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
It only has one pressure switch and its on the rear caliper....front it just basically a contact wire in the hand control that sends the signal to turn the light on...might be a wire messed up or the switch itself

Rottweiler

Looks like someone removed the turn signals and added that brake light? Stock should have had left and right brake lights as part of the turns.

Love2fixit

Yea, turns have been removed. But brake should still work. I'll prob just wire it right off the battery through the rear switch and out to the light like I have on every other bike I ever built.