Fuel pump

phatchopper300

I just wanta ride
I have a 2008 EFI K9 wanting to know if the fuel pump runs all the time I can hear mine running even with the engine running

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
I have a 2008 EFI K9 wanting to know if the fuel pump runs all the time I can hear mine running even with the engine running

It should maintain about 55 to 60 psi. When you first hit run, how long does the pump run?

bdm7250

Guru
Supporting Member

Had mine shut off on me before, bike started running really poorly, almost like it was starved for fuel.. :)

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
You can check with Donna or Curtis. If they don't have the parts, Member Skogdog I believe listed them on here somewhere.

Jwooky

Yes the pump will run continuously when the engine is running.

its not "louder' than the engine, but can still be heard.

phatchopper300

I just wanta ride
Yes the pump will run continuously when the engine is running.

its not "louder' than the engine, but can still be heard.
I really have to put my ear to the bottom of the tank to hear pump Running I've only had once or twice where it was a very loud high pitch that's what leads me to believe that a new pump is in order

SKOGDOG

One of the old ones.
There is a Schrader valve next to the fuel pump-look underneath the tank where it saddles over the back bone. You can check the fuel pressure there-should be 59 to 61 psi. It’s much cheaper to rebuild a fuel pump and replace it. You can order a fuel pump from Chris at Bigdog in Wichita . I also purchased a fuel filter from Bailey’s, which is a business providing equipment for arborist. But they sell the fuel filter we need

phatchopper300

I just wanta ride
There is a Schrader valve next to the fuel pump-look underneath the tank where it saddles over the back bone. You can check the fuel pressure there-should be 59 to 61 psi. It’s much cheaper to rebuild a fuel pump and replace it. You can order a fuel pump from Chris at Bigdog in Wichita . I also purchased a fuel filter from Bailey’s, which is a business providing equipment for arborist. But they sell the fuel filter we need
Good to know didn't know there was a schrader valve there Thanks for the advice

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
I was able to order just the walbro fuel pump itself plus a filter when I did mine and it was MUCH cheaper than getting the whole unit from any BDM supplier. There was a post in here that had the part Number.
I'll check my notes and see if I can find it.

41bigdawg

Let the Big Dawg eat !
Supporting Member
Fuel Pump: WALBRO #F20000107
Regulator: WALBRO #135-22
In-tank Sock Filter: S&S #19-0458
1 WLB 125 192 FILTER-INTANK 13.99 (Walbro)

Mastiff Rider64

Supporting Member
Fuel Pump: WALBRO #F20000107
Regulator: WALBRO #135-22
In-tank Sock Filter: S&S #19-0458
1 WLB 125 192 FILTER-INTANK 13.99 (Walbro)
You wouldn't happen to know the part number for the fuel pump gasket kit for a 09 Bulldog would you?