Front Fork

justftw

When I finish a stop with the front brake it pops right back up. Always has. But I'm only 185 lbs. Maybe a little more pre-load for heavy riders is required.

ChopperFred

A friend of mine with an '04 Chopper said he replaced
the PVC fork spacers with ones that were an inch longer.
Anybody hear of that method for increasing the
stiffness?

DeputyDog

My '08 K-9 has basically done it since new, but generally when I use alot of front brake for stops. Sometimes it extends on its on after the stop, but always extends upon acceleration after the stop.

Gary Bare

I have 08 Mastiff. Just bought. Left side leaking a little. Is leak causing it to handle bad? When making turns from a stop. Feels like it is pulling

knothead

RIGID4LIFE
Supporting Member
I dont think from a stop it has anything to do with the fork but i do know out on the road one leaking and getting lower than the other one will cause i hell of a wobble....like what they call a death wobble....i just put a 26 on a friends bike and triple trees and it would just all the sudden do a death wobble at 35 or above....i thought what the hell so i rechecked everything i did and all good....no sign of anything...well i tore it all back apart cause it still would do it whenever it wanted too....so i got to thinking about it and said im going to check fork fluild....one leg had zero fluild and other one right on....he bought the bike used so i guess they cleaned it all up to hide it which is bullshit it will get somone killed....so i rebuild both legs and put it all back together....he just went to panama bike rally 1300 miles round trip and all is well....so please my friend get her fixed....i know u just bought it but who knows how much is already leaked out