Eric comes through again

Energy One

BigDogRick

My third speedo (found it well used with 18k miles on it a few years ago during the full bike rewire) has been slowly going bad ever since the Unleashed gathering in Kansas. It would zero out on the ride back to Phoenix that trip and has since been not working about 40% of the time. In October I lost half the lights. So I started a hunt for another rare original VDO speedo - hoping to find a low mileage one. Well, glory be, Eric found a brand new one obtained in their buyout of Tampa Big Dog parts. Unbelievable. And to top it off, a brand new chrome dash mounting bracket with working LEDs!
i have been using my original dash with a chip hidden by a polished ring and a set of retrofitted LED bulbs wired in by Mr. Wright and terminated by my local mechanic.
I guess I get a late Christmas! Can't wait to mount them both.8E0BD305-D81C-4C02-AC41-2A13EF3B4E8E.jpeg148FCC3F-E93E-4DBF-B784-FA4380ADD04C.jpeg

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Absolutely! Appreciate the nice comment!

We try our best. Often times we got exactly what you're looking for like in this case. Occasionally it's a little more difficult with those older bikes. We can keep it rolling though, we'll figure out some decent option at least just might take me a day or two..haha. Wont leave anyone hanging though.

Thanks again! Hope to run into you soon, I need to get out to AZ again.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

BigDogRick

Absolutely! Appreciate the nice comment!

We try our best. Often times we got exactly what you're looking for like in this case. Occasionally it's a little more difficult with those older bikes. We can keep it rolling though, we'll figure out some decent option at least just might take me a day or two..haha. Wont leave anyone hanging though.

Thanks again! Hope to run into you soon, I need to get out to AZ again.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
First, re you getting out to AZ ... absolutely you must. Our place is your place - on demand. Re rare and spare parts, thanks for the rarest of all the needed parts for the ol' girl.