Ehc controller studs

Dlamesa

My father and I have a 08 K9 been threw couple of Mechanics (hope I don’t need them anymore) my wires are all over the place I finally put everything back together, from installing starter, start switches, new battery and new battery cables. Thanks to BIG DOG BIKER forms I got to start my 08 K9 lastnight after 4 years being parked. ( My Father teared up when I drove it to his house ) My problem is my ehc controller studs are broken I temporary tape a gound wire to start this K9 any suggestions that would work for me.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
My father and I have a 08 K9 been threw couple of Mechanics (hope I don’t need them anymore) my wires are all over the place I finally put everything back together, from installing starter, start switches, new battery and new battery cables. Thanks to BIG DOG BIKER forms I got to start my 08 K9 lastnight after 4 years being parked. ( My Father teared up when I drove it to his house ) My problem is my ehc controller studs are broken I temporary tape a gound wire to start this K9 any suggestions that would work for me.
That's awesome! Congrats!!! Great story and why we are here!

The studs that come out of the EHC are busted? Problem with that is they are basically epoxied in. Not really replaceable but take a picture and maybe someone has an idea.

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
Get some spring steel and make a clip to go around it and place a good copper sheet between spring steel and ehc case --I'd pull the ends tight with metal wire ties then seal the edges with silicone to keep out moisture. (Take some 0000 steel wool to the ehc case and clean it really good. Maybe add some dielectric grease.)

The other thought that comes to mind is welding the electrical connector back on, the way they weld li-on batteries to the contacts -- there are some DIY articles on how to do this using 12V and some large capacitors.

A lot depends on your skill set.

I'll see if anything else comes to mind.

roadie1389

That is the Big Dog PDM/HCI controller and it only used double stick tape for that part. I just double checked my broken one.

Dlamesa

ok Thanks for info I’ll try something trw thanks and I’ll keep y’all updated and see what works

francoblay1

The Spaniard
I´ve been running without studs on the EHC for four years now without a problem. Zip-tie.

Oh, and a piece of foam underneath to dampen vibrations.

Dlamesa

Thanks. As of now I have the EHC zip tied, foam for support and ground wired to back. She fired up fine last night when I get home this evening I’ll give her a good bath ( it’s been about 3 years ) and take her for a good ride hopefully everything runs good. Once again thanks BIG DIG BIKERS. I’ll keep y’all updated on how she runs