Easy Chrome

TapioK

I wonder how this shit looks in real life and how long it lasts...
Sorry, no idea how to find a youtube version.
Edit.
Found it! Its kind of film! Comes with what ever color. That may actually be handy if you want to test different options before painting or chroming.... I can see dust being a big problem...
Take a look at this video on YouTube:

Last edited:

HMAN

I just like my Freedom
Huh, looks like it may be worth while to play with a rattle can? I'd like to see if it can somewhat fix my crappy peeling forks....?

HMAN

I just like my Freedom
For the price of a can, your 1/2 way there to have them re-chromed.
Damn...didnt price it. Fk that...

Edit: more digging, its only $30 a rattle can. Not too terrible if it does what it claims.

BWG56

Guru
Damn...didnt price it. Fk that...

Edit: more digging, its only $30 a rattle can. Not too terrible if it does what it claims.
I saw that the kits started in the $200's
Give it a shot can't hurt to try it, they did say it needs to be buffed and it can be peeled off like tin foil. But $30 is worth a try

Unsprung

In the Potters hand...
The finished product looked good in the video. I’ve got a few things that could benefit if it works as advertised.

TapioK

The finished product looked good in the video. I’ve got a few things that could benefit if it works as advertised.
Dust may be a big problem... I head Chinese used to go out in to the sea after the rain and did the lacquer there naked to avoid dust ....

Hirter6Pack

Not Quite A Guru
I bought some old wheels on Craig'slist for a 72 k5 blaze I have sinking in the ground in the backyard and I figured the wheels weren't going to be much good when I finally dig it out. The wheels are a AR160 billet aluminum, very dull and covered in road grime. I thought about powder coating them chrome but first I'm gonna try polishing them by hand with the tips you've all mentioned here. There is a shop close to Kansas City that wants $180 a wheel to polish. I only gave $60 for the set and I'm in no hurry.IMG_1999.JPG

BWG56

Guru
I bought some old wheels on Craig'slist for a 72 k5 blaze I have sinking in the ground in the backyard and I figured the wheels weren't going to be much good when I finally dig it out. The wheels are a AR160 billet aluminum, very dull and covered in road grime. I thought about powder coating them chrome but first I'm gonna try polishing them by hand with the tips you've all mentioned here. There is a shop close to Kansas City that wants $180 a wheel to polish. I only gave $60 for the set and I'm in no hurry.View attachment 49977
Just buy some new ones ya cheap SOB:oldhardlaugh::oldhardlaugh: