Eastwood internal ceramic coating

Energy One

41bigdawg

Let the Big Dawg eat !
Supporting Member
Dang Mike, are your pipes getting that hot? I haven't used the ceramic coat but have used the lava wrap on my dirtbike and it works good by itself.

bigkelk9

Eastwood is supposed to make a superior product, idk, I used their paint and wasn’t too inpressed after about a half a year... jmo... but good luck on the ceramic coating.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
that was of course the other choice.
Yea, cause to get a good bond you'd have to blast the chrome off and rough up the surface. They blast your pipes and coat them and you can do a silver finish....

After all the time and materials DIY takes a lot of time and you'd probably only save $100, which is nice but quality won't be the same and not worth the $100 savings.

Me personally, I would definitely use this stuff on my Jeep but not the bike.

Also it doesn't state anywhere but I bet you need to cure this stuff and I don't think you can fit your pipes in your oven haha. Reviews seem to indicate you need to cure it.....

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RCAdd1ct

JAFO
I went jet hot on the Harley. They were perfect. Not a blemish on them. But damn did it cost!

They still look great and it has been over 5yrs.

They did inside and outside.

PROFLYER

SWOLE
I've had coated pipes from Jet Hot, wrapped pipes and regular chrome. I notice the wrap stays a TINY bit cooler plus it won't melt a pant leg or boot as quickly. The jet hot/chrome is about the same to me really and I had a chic melt her toe on a set of jet hot pipes leaving a nice rubber burn that was next to impossible to get off. Bottom line--pipes are hot, so go with the look you want, otherwise I don't think it's worth the $$$.

Reddickracing

I have used Jet Hot and HPC coatings on my race car headers, both were great. Inside and out. Headers on my car now been on there 10 plus years

PacoPetty

I've had coated pipes from Jet Hot, wrapped pipes and regular chrome. I notice the wrap stays a TINY bit cooler plus it won't melt a pant leg or boot as quickly. The jet hot/chrome is about the same to me really and I had a chic melt her toe on a set of jet hot pipes leaving a nice rubber burn that was next to impossible to get off. Bottom line--pipes are hot, so go with the look you want, otherwise I don't think it's worth the $$$.
I was thinking the same thing!

kickstart

Holds a lot of heat in and will crack pipes and/or ruin the chrome. If you have a area that is too hot for your foot wrap that. Too hot check the carb. :2cents:

kickstart

My experience is blue is rich and gold is lean however I believe it has a lot to do with where you ride such as city stop and go compared to very few stop lights and signs.

Has anyone got any experience with this stuff?
https://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-hi-temp-internal-exhaust-coating-w-nozzle.html

I'm looking for anything to knock a few degrees off the pipes.

My plan is this.

Ceramic coat the inside of the pipe.
ceramic coat the outside of the pipe.
Lava rock wrap the outside of the pipe
Install heatsheild.

Thoughts.
I used the Eastwood coating on a customer's pipes a while back just to try it out.
It sprays really thin and watery so you have to hang the pipe vertically and spray several coats to get good coverage.
I blew through them with the sand blaster and rinsed them with acetone but nothing else.
It's been a few thousand miles now and the coating hasn't come off the inside.
Unfortunately I was in a huge hurry so forgot to do some temperature readings before and after so I can't really speak to how much it helped. His heat problem had to do with improper jetting anyway so once that was resolved the real heat issue went away.