Do you think fuel gas will run out as soon as predicted and would you spend $ on a gas engine?

No H2O

One thing I'm considering when looking at buying a car or bike are the reports that state fuel is going to run out in a few decades.
Realizing the vehicle won't likely be around that long, I have to consider less gas = higher price, more electric/hybrids = less availability of parts ,etc.
Obviously this isn't an exact science so let me ask, do you believe the reports and would you spend $20k on up for your dream car/bike?

No H2O

Internet yes. However there are multiple reports from reputable sites and the electric vehicle trend is visible

awg

Guru
Well....I never really gave it any thought. I was thinking of an electric bike, just for kicks and giggles. I do believe though, that if we keep sucking everything out of the earth, it will one day collapse like and empty pop can when you squeeze it.

41bigdawg

Let the Big Dawg eat !
Supporting Member
We will not be running out of fossil fuels anytime in the near future...they will be around for the rest of our lives and our childrens lives. There are reserves and new discoveries that haven't even been tapped into yet. I base those facts on my experience of 20+ years in the Oil and Gas Industry. Last time I looked, electric vehicles still had rubber tires and plastic parts both of which would not exist if it weren't for Oil!!

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
One thing I'm considering when looking at buying a car or bike are the reports that state fuel is going to run out in a few decades.
Realizing the vehicle won't likely be around that long, I have to consider less gas = higher price, more electric/hybrids = less availability of parts ,etc.
Obviously this isn't an exact science so let me ask, do you believe the reports and would you spend $20k on up for your dream car/bike?
DUDE! REALLY! There are a lot more things to worry about in life than that. Get youself back on a bike that you like quickly. Sounds like your headed for a nervous breakdown.

Rottweiler

The more electric cars on the road means more gas for my bikes.

Sent from my Life One X3 using Tapatalk

FrankBDPS

So quess what the most reliable source of fuel for generating electricity for the new fangled electric cars will be. Well here in Ohio it is going to be natural gas. When you take gas out of the earth what comes with It? Oil.

heybaylor

:oldconfused:
We will not be running out of fossil fuels anytime in the near future...they will be around for the rest of our lives and our childrens lives. There are reserves and new discoveries that haven't even been tapped into yet. I base those facts on my experience of 20+ years in the Oil and Gas Industry. Last time I looked, electric vehicles still had rubber tires and plastic parts both of which would not exist if it weren't for Oil!!
Yeppers, everything use's plastic, and those who would stop oil production would be sad when they had no hair driers, TV's, cellphones, shoes, and botox.

:smash:65649

Big Daddy 72

Custom Street Rod Interiors & Design
Simply put its to big of an industry the world economy would collapse without its revenue that’s why electric cars are always going to be a novelty for the automakers to falsely make an attempt at a fossil fuel alternative.

Honestly does anyone seriously think big oil and the automotive industry is not going to wash one another’s hands?

Jwooky

Sorry it doesn't work that way. I work for the "automakers", we will make whatever people would buy. Reality is not many people (5%-10%) are interested when fuel prices are low. We are not in bed with big oil, quite the opposite.

The other big factor is the government regulations. They are penalizing us to death over carbon emissions, and its only getting worse. China and Europe even more so.

Its happening its only a matter of how fast.