Damn JST connections!

Has anyone here ever been able to pull the pins on their JST connections in a way that would keep the housings reusable!? I had an old 2-pin i thought i would deconstruct to save parts. But GEEZ after fighting it for an hour both pins broke free and now the housing won't hold them in. The pins just slide in and out. Im beginning to think these things were designed to be 1 time use!! Ok. Rant over. On to the next

I'm glad you mentioned that about the JWPF series @roadie1389 . There are a few vendors in Plano I plan on reaching out to tomorrow, I think they are bulk suppliers but I'm wondering if they will put a variety pack together for me ‍♂

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
I heard whispers about a supply shortage with these connectors, its true. Im just going to have to be careful with the next one I fiddle with. I have a few more spares to practice on

FXDWG

I use this with a craft needle and it's a breeze, no problem.

The optical visor isn't a bad investment for the $$. I use it all the time, and it has paid for itself over and over with less time and frustration spent on projects requiring close up sight. There's one at Harbor freight for $5 that also works - I can guarantee it will be one of the best $5 ever spent.

298in200_s500_p1._vcb8f9e5a_.jpg

https://www.harborfreight.com/magnifier-head-strap-with-lights-38896.html

image_17311.jpg

Walmart.com Craft Needle Link

746f92ac-ce55-4af5-aec9-bf4a64f05cf4.19b49ca684c68251553d2ac379b5115c.jpeg

Last edited:

Ranger.1004

Good afternoon all,

I just got my bike repainted and I damaged the damn JST pins for the rear turn signals when removing the fender. Would anybody happen to know what size the JST pins are? I see a ton of kits, but different sized pins. I checked the service manual and searched online for specs with no success.

HMAN

I just like my Freedom
Ck post #14. Knothead knows his stuff.

Good afternoon all,

I just got my bike repainted and I damaged the damn JST pins for the rear turn signals when removing the fender. Would anybody happen to know what size the JST pins are? I see a ton of kits, but different sized pins. I checked the service manual and searched online for specs with no success.