Broken head pipe

LittleMike

Supporting Member
Thanks man I'll dig into that , after looking at the pipe, the muffler is fine and it's just broke at the Y. So I'm just going to look for a new head pipe and keep the stock kerker on it , seem like a cheaper option?

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Thanks man I'll dig into that , after looking at the pipe, the muffler is fine and it's just broke at the Y. So I'm just going to look for a new head pipe and keep the stock kerker on it , seem like a cheaper option?
The Kerker is the best performance pipe you can find for that bike. Weld it, and keep rolling.

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Yeah i would weld it and keep rolling like Mr.Wright said...if shipping wasnt so damn high i would fix those for you for nothing but shipping eat you alive im sure to Tennessee and back...im sure you find a good tig welder around there to fix them cheaper than you can send them to me...your not going to find a better performing exhaust than the kerker....and honestly to me not a better sounding pipe than kerker

LittleMike

Supporting Member
Thank you very much for offering to weld the head pipe for me! Not many would offer a service like that to a new member like me, bless you.

and thx to the others for the replies.
Mike Wild

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Thank you very much for offering to weld the head pipe for me! Not many would offer a service like that to a new member like me, bless you.

and thx to the others for the replies.
Mike Wild
Most on here will you the shirt off their back. Come join us at a Gathering,

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
If you decide to and can come to the gathering i have a patriot defender 2 into 1, which is the long version of what Mr.Wright told you about that i will sell....it fits left side drive, i just bought it a year ago new and had it on my 96 big dog vintage but i changed it out 3 weeks ago....also i dug around this morning and i have a kerker head pipe....but i cant remember if its for left or right side that i will sell too...come to the gathering and i bring them with me for you to see if you might want either one...

LittleMike

Supporting Member
Most on here will you the shirt off their back. Come join us at a Gathering,
that would be a haul for my old butt, 1583 miles
when i was younger i used to do a few long hauls a year but now i'm just a diet coke, van halen, drive down on sunday to see mom kinda guy.
that few hours a week is the only time i'm cool again

LittleMike

Supporting Member
If you decide to and can come to the gathering i have a patriot defender 2 into 1, which is the long version of what Mr.Wright told you about that i will sell....it fits left side drive, i just bought it a year ago new and had it on my 96 big dog vintage but i changed it out 3 weeks ago....also i dug around this morning and i have a kerker head pipe....but i cant remember if its for left or right side that i will sell too...come to the gathering and i bring them with me for you to see if you might want either one...
that patriot defender 2 into 1 sure is a tough looking pipe. i bet it sounds as good as it looks to. blub, blub, blub

i think this might be my pipe, thx man, i never saw this one before

HMAN

I just like my Freedom
when i was younger i used to do a few long hauls a year but now i'm just a diet coke, van halen, drive down on sunday to see mom kinda guy.
Trailer up and come on down. We got quite a few, including myself, that dont or cant ride in. You will miss a great time.

LittleMike

Supporting Member
Trailer up and come on down. We got quite a few, including myself, that dont or cant ride in. You will miss a great time.
I don't even want to ride it right now with that broken pipe, it sounds like shit and I get a backfire on decel

LittleMike

Supporting Member
Not an excuse. I'll bring the Kirker I have on the wall, and let you borrow it while were down there. We might even be able to come up with a welder, and fix you up.
What kind of a welder do I need? I have actually been looking at them, I made my own weight brackets and ballast boxes for my tractors and this would come in very very handy.

Jersey Big Mike

100K mile club
Hey, I'm coming and its about 1150 directly and more than that the way I go. Last yr was over 1300 to get there for me and Minuteman did 1600 (albeit with a business meeting layover on the way).
Just do about 300 a day and you'll be fine and there in no time!

Hey, I'm coming and its about 1150 directly and more than that the way I go. Last yr was over 1300 to get there for me and Minuteman did 1600 (albeit with a business meeting layover on the way).
Just do about 300 a day and you'll be fine and there in no time!
There has to be some way to do it.

LittleMike

Supporting Member
Thank Knothead, the new headpipe pipe went on easy peasy. I also cut off the baffle, think I'll make a bird feeder out of it. I really like the tone of the bike without a muffler on it , you can have loud but without tone it's just loud. I look like an old dork clean shaven, but I'm happy and free!

Attachments

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Thank Knothead, the new headpipe pipe went on easy peasy. I also cut off the baffle, think I'll make a bird feeder out of it. I really like the tone of the bike without a muffler on it , you can have loud but without tone it's just loud. I look like an old dork clean shaven, but I'm happy and free!
Good deal glad everything worked out good

Jwooky

You look happy, that’s what matters.
What Diameter is that baffle? I wouldn’t mind having it to play around with if you don’t want it