BRAKES

Energy One

busa2r

Anyone tried PM 6 piston calipers for the front? They got to be better than these 4 puck POS on my pitbull.

Last edited:

busa2r

Maybe im to used to sport bikes hardly ever use to much pressure on the rear or something is wrong with my fronts

narow37

Angry Southern White Man
sport bikes are a whole different story. these bikes weigh almost twice that of some sport bikes these days. I still have a sport bike(haven't ridden it many years) that stops way faster that our dogs and its 13 years old. its just a weight ratio.

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Maybe im to used to sport bikes hardly ever use to much pressure on the rear or something is wrong with my fronts
Never had one of THOSE things but nothing wrong with my brakes. I did replace the pads with Z-pads that are a lot better than the stock units and quieter. PM makes the best brakes out there as far as I'm concerned!

Later,
Ray

lee

its about weight distribution too - sport bike riders I know never go anywhere near their back brake yet you will see some choppers with no front brake at all - mine stops just fine - do your brakes need bleeding?

Gas Man

Cool isn't cheap
Calendar Participant
I believe your sportbike pov may be slightly flawed. In 2002 for example, Kawasaki that was using NISSIN 6 pot calipers went back to a 4 pot. Further, most now a days are 4 pot. And if you truely wanted more grip, get a better pad. On your sportbikes the best pad out being a individual pad for each pot and HH sintered.

I say get a better set of pads... I have a set for mine and they are suppose to be way nicer...

LRB pads

The grip of a semi metalic but with no dust or excessive wear on the rotor like a organic

PROFLYER

SWOLE
Mine seem to work well enough too. My sportbikes stop much better though. But, after years of racing sportbikes, I've learned to use both the front and rear. I think most guys use either one. 60/40 or 70/30 (front/rear) is pretty common practice.

Try some new pads maybe, but my 06 stops on a dime.

txchopperguy

Wanna stop like a spotbike? Ride a sportbike. Wanna be hella cool and the envy of everyone you know? Ride A BIG DOG...LOL