Big Dog Starter prices

Energy One

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
I have been looking around at the different places to buy parts for our bikes and ran across a starter listed for 595 plus shipping:eek: On the low end I saw some listed for under 200. Just curious as to the difference and reasoning in pricing.

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
I'm with you brother. What really got me wondering was I just ordered a starter for my small outboard motor. I know it's not apples to apples but the boat motor starter was only fifty bucks new.

And even more baffling is you can get a new starter for a 3400 series cat motor for around 600 and half that with a reusable core.

Last edited:

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Starter for my old pro mod race car was 1800.00 but it was super high compression motor...starters i run on jet boats are 700...i bought a high torque for a 107 s&s years ago and i think it was somewhere around 500 to 600 but i cant remember exactly

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
One thing in common: THEY AINT CHEAP.
Naw there not cheap thats why i dont drag race no more...just cant keep up with rich folks and there sponsors...took me 14 years to built that car...170,000...not to mention 2 back up motors at 65,000 a piece...i tried everything to run with the big boys...lol trying to have a pro mod race car on a volks wagon budget doesnt work lol...

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Curtis has the upgraded version of the 2.0kw for $280, thats a lot better than $595
Cool i will hit him up on those...i like having spare parts on hand and knowing where the best place to get them..ive got a few starters but they r used

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
Looks like the prices are all over the board.

K&N oil filters are the same. Nothing consistent.

kickstart

Naw there not cheap thats why i dont drag race no more...just cant keep up with rich folks and there sponsors...took me 14 years to built that car...170,000...not to mention 2 back up motors at 65,000 a piece...i tried everything to run with the big boys...lol trying to have a pro mod race car on a volks wagon budget doesnt work lol...
That old Racing saying " want to make a small Fortune in racing? start with a Big one." :)