Belt Drives

JR03CHOPPER

Question to those of you that are running Karata belt drives on your K9's. Was it a simple swap? Did you need to fabricate any parts? Is a new inner primary plate needed?

I found a Karata belt kit...for a good price, but it does not have an inner primary plate listed. It also doesn't have an outside bearing support.

Question to those of you that are running Karata belt drives on your K9's. Was it a simple swap? Did you need to fabricate any parts? Is a new inner primary plate needed?

I found a Karata belt kit...for a good price, but it does not have an inner primary plate listed. It also doesn't have an outside bearing support.
Running one on the pitbull, love the belt drive however, karata is next to impossible to get ahold of anymore. I am looking at reducing the belt size to a 2.5" and can't get ahold of them for the pulleys and belt.. because of that I would recommend going with another manufacturer due to availability. The install itself is pretty easy but like others said the plate is crucial to the system.
Just my 2 cents

JR03CHOPPER

Running one on the pitbull, love the belt drive however, karata is next to impossible to get ahold of anymore. I am looking at reducing the belt size to a 2.5" and can't get ahold of them for the pulleys and belt.. because of that I would recommend going with another manufacturer due to availability. The install itself is pretty easy but like others said the plate is crucial to the system.
Just my 2 cents
Beltdrivewizzard on Ebay has the brand new parts you need then.

JR03CHOPPER

Baker is just way too proud of thier drives for "banker" sensibility.

I' ve been told Ultima is shit.

BDL is good if I am putting one on my '03 chopper...but they do not have one for the '07 K9.

That only leaves Rivera Primo...and they are hard to come by as well. Plus I believe the inner plate is a two piece.

bdm7250

Guru
Supporting Member
Jimmy from Karata is actually a member on the forum, he has not been fabricating anything for a couple years now. The guy selling the Karata parts on eBay just has some old overstock items, which are only good if you need replacements. Without the motor plate these parts are useless, if I ever do get my hands on a Karata I will do a 3D scan of it so I can model it in cad (for CNC). Couple days a week I will search CL, eBay and kijiji for Karata and so far no luck. I spoke to Jimmy last year, he told me if/when he's ready to make me one, he will call me....no call...yet.

bdm7250

Guru
Supporting Member
Baker is just way too proud of thier drives for "banker" sensibility.

I' ve been told Ultima is shit.

BDL is good if I am putting one on my '03 chopper...but they do not have one for the '07 K9.

That only leaves Rivera Primo...and they are hard to come by as well. Plus I believe the inner plate is a two piece.
I doubt you will be able to come across a Primo op, they don't make them any more.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Jimmy from Karata is actually a member on the forum, he has not been fabricating anything for a couple years now. The guy selling the Karata parts on eBay just has some old overstock items, which are only good if you need replacements. Without the motor plate these parts are useless, if I ever do get my hands on a Karata I will do a 3D scan of it so I can model it in cad (for CNC). Couple days a week I will search CL, eBay and kijiji for Karata and so far no luck. I spoke to Jimmy last year, he told me if/when he's ready to make me one, he will call me....no call...yet.
Sure would be sweet if someone with one for an 05 would send it to ya.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

bdm7250

Guru
Supporting Member
I have been looking but not sure if those will fit. The rear pulls looks different. I would hate to pay 600 and have it not work.
Thanks Doug
I have the guys phone number somewhere, he is quite knowledgable on what he has and what you'd need. When I find it I'll pm ya.