Air Ride Suspension Fixed!

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
I looked into
Air ride for my bike but parts are no longer available but I did see on Facebook that there’s a guy that has air ride in his K9 and he has a couple brand new set ups but is not willing to sell them.

So, why even mention it??

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
You know the deal. Why would a dickless f##ker even tell anyone that they have 2 complete air ride systems that aren't for sale. Do I need to spell it out or are we gonna wait for a female impersonator to come clean:job:

Stonedog

You know the deal. Why would a dickless f##ker even tell anyone that they have 2 complete air ride systems that aren't for sale. Do I need to spell it out or are we gonna wait for a female impersonator to come clean:job:
Whoa! Didn’t mean to get your granny panties in a bunch on this thread I was just relaying information that air ride parts are no longer available for big dog motorcycles no harm no foul, I don’t understand the hostility here buddy.

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
Whoa! Didn’t mean to get your granny panties in a bunch on this thread I was just relaying information that air ride parts are no longer available for big dog motorcycles no harm no foul, I don’t understand the hostility here buddy.
No hostility my friend, I have air ride on my 07 K9. Thinking about getting a set of progressive shocks and replacing the whole dam thing. If it works out, you got dibs on it if you want it.
It just seems asinine that someone would even mention having complete air ride sets BUT THEY AIN'T FOR SALE:oldhardlaugh::oldhardlaugh:

Oh, in case I missed it, welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

Stonedog

No hostility my friend, I have air ride only 07 K9. Thinking about getting a set of progressive shocks and replacing the whole dam thing. If it works out, you got dibs on it if you want it.
It just seems asinine that someone would even mention having complete air ride sets BUT THEY AIN'T FOR SALE:oldhardlaugh::oldhardlaugh:
I don’t have any for sale,(as stated in my original post a guy on Facebook has it and multiple new kits) I’m not clear on your angle here but I’m glad to hear you have air ride and would definitely be interested if you decide to sell your set up.

Ed U. Cator

Higher Ed.
I have an issue with the air ride system on my 2006 K9 Custom, it airs up just fine, but not by using any buttons on the hand controls, but by a toggle switch mounted on the left side panel, outside of the battery thingy. The only thing is; after riding a while, I shut off the bike, and in a matter of time......an hour or so, the suspension seems to just "bleed out" and it's back down again; I don't know if this is an automatic function or not.
The service guy told me, "This a safety function of the air ride suspension; after you start the bike, flip the toggle switch, and air up the suspension up to about 90lbs psi, then go riding; while the engine is running, the system will stay aired up until you turn off the engine, the system will then bleed out back to the stops to avoid damage to the shocks staying aired up"....
Is your air ride an aftermarket one? Given I have the Gen-1 EHC, my air ride operates from a single, mini-toggle switch also, but I use a DPDT center OFF momentary contact type. It's has a small chrome "bat" handle that is momentarily ON in either both directions and the center position of the bat handle is OFF. I chose double pole so the extra set of contacts are a backup pair and can handle more current too. It's simple, doesn't require me to remember to flip the handle to OFF to prevent battery drain. It's always OFF until I either press up or down on the bat handle. It's on a custom made polished bracket I fabricated, attached to the ignition coil mounts, so it's inconspicuous yet easy to reach. Sounds like your service guy was too lazy to run a length of wires to mount the switch in a more ergonomic location and now you have a hole drilled in the cover!

BulletBob

I recently acquired a 2006 K9. I'm new to this style of bike and still learning. The air ride system is like some of yours above...airs up fine and will only go down (bleed) over time. Have any of you switched out the entire system and went to regular shocks? If so, what was your experience post air ride?

Brent Herridge

I'm curious too. I like my air ride, as it does give you that cool look when parked, but rides pretty good on the road if you don't over-inflate it. But curious what folks think who have converted either way.

There was a testimonial thread recently on the Fournalis regular shocks. They are a pricey option, but there was one guy who loved it, saying it was way better than the other shocks he had tried, but that did not include air ride.

I'm very anxious to hear Jersey Big Mike's review after his install.

BulletBob

Appreciate the link and feedback Brent. :oldthumbsup:

I'm also wondering if the folks who went from air ride to regular shocks ended up changing out their kickstand?

Once the Air Ride is inflated, it makes me a little nervous putting it on the kickstand, even on flat ground.

Brent Herridge

Funny about the kickstand. There are threads about stands that are too long, so there is a school of thought that you want it leaned over further.

Brandon Downey

My kit came from the factory, and I am pleased to say it has worked flawlessly for the last year and a half since I posted this thread! Man it's been a minute since I posted on here!