A few questions about the pitbull

Energy One

aesir

Hey guys! After sifting through this great forum for the last couple hours I have learned a lot. I have an older pitbull(2001) and it seems the information isn't quite as vast as the little newer ones. I am looking to source an air cleaner that will give the look of black with exposed filter type look. all the ones I can seem to find are chrome or just gloss black version of the one I have. If I search online for Harley ones it seems most of them are for a CV carb. Any info on this is great!

on the second note it seems my rear tire is a 180 tire. looking at some of the newer pitbulls they have a stock 250 tire? I am guessing there is no way to get a larger rear tire on these older pitbulls?

lastly is there somewhere I can go to find the original owners manual or anything on this bike. It didn't come with any and I have been trying to find them online with no luck!

thanks guys!

DynoDave

Guru
The owner's manual for these bikes had very limited information. This forum is a better source of information. For an air cleaner you might try JP Cycles. They have a lot of Harley air cleaners. Here's a Performance Machine air cleaner;
Performance Machine air cleaner.jpg

aesir

Thanks for the reply. I have checked out JPcycles site. The big dogs are not in the list to filter all the intakes down to the ones that are not compatible. Is there a specific Harley model and year I should choose? thanks!

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Call them direct, and tell them what air cleaner your looking at, and what carburetor you have. Your's may be an Super E. Should say on the side of the carb.
855-233-8834

aesir

I tried talking to them on the live chat and they said they don't have anything to work with the 107. they recommended I call s&s

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
The biggest thing you're going to run into when going to an air filter like that is, the vents breathe through the head, so you'll need to have a backer plate that will adapt to the breather holes

awg

Guru
With a filter like that, you may want to avoid riding in the rain. Also the 06 Pitbulls have a 300 rear tire, just like mine.

aesir

I wont be riding in the rain. I would assume I could get a bag to keep on me if I happen to get caught in the rain? I mean I don't need that particular air cleaner. I just liked the look of it. I am just wondering in theory I could install an external breather or catch can and run that air cleaner?

Mickmorris

Supporting Member
What type do you have on it now? S&S teardrop?? I mean that’s what my G shorty came with. If so you should have the vented breather plate. Also all the manuals are available here.

1 B.M.F.

RSD—— Roland Sands Designs . Makes a filter that you might be interested in. I have seen them on big dogs on this forum. You might check on one of those. Very nice looking air cleaner.