Energy One

TapioK

Looks like the cash flow is bit slow... I do understand that with a small business. I also see how that feels pretty scary. You can’t find a built bike from floor ? Or you want it to be built to your specs?
I remember that futuristic looking K9 they custom built 2(?) years ago. It was for sale right after they built it... building a special bike and customer backing up hits hard. Does anyone else want a custom made to your specs... sure for a right price...

Ernie12

If the dealer is well known and has been in business for a long while and will guarantee you a full refund , amount for trade in and 20% down you paid for new BD I would have no problem with it.

Ernie12

Ok why cant you trade it in locally? Do you have to go through this dealer? Have you tried to see what Rumble On would give you for your bike?

Ernie12

It must work different in Fla. than Ohio. It doesn't matter where I buy a bike as soon as I title it here it will cost me 7% of the cost of the bike plus title cost and plates. 35k for bike I would pay $2450 in tax alone.

TapioK

When I bought my -03 from private guy, we negotiated the price for 3 months. Finally, a day before I left for Finland he took my offer. I had just seen the pics of bike and title. On my way to airport (mid May) I mailed the check and called him to send the papers to me and keep the bike in his garage. I promised to show up in September to pick up the bike it worked good, but hell wasn’t I nervous figured if he fucks me I start by burning his house .
Went there with my small roll bag, bike was all shiny and tank full of gas... off I took. Nice test ride from Wichita to Naples Via Dave, New Orleans, Panama city, Daytona... took me a while to get home and again thanks Dave and the whole crew, we fixed the rear lights, well I had a beer and watched mostly.

TapioK

Leap of faiths are all well and good but something like this needs to be a calculated risk, estimated 'before' its undertaken.

Because stuff happens, there has to be a guarantee for me if it does, I can't/won't be left short changed.
You can calculate till the end of the day, at some point you have to decide either take the step or not. Leap of Faith.
Say BD goes Bankrupt while making your bike. You think you get your money back? Maybe dealer too, they don’t have cash either. Deals are deals and paper is paper. In worst case you get cents/dollar back.
Yet ppl are ording all kind of shit, boats, bikes and cars. Hell, houses too...
There is no 100% guarantee. Escrow account maybe.
As tou may see, I’m not very familiar with US law. European is more familiar to me...

TapioK

I know, and you're right but I've been burnt before and I don't like that old sinking feeling telling you something isn't right about this.

Any bike I ever bought new before I traded it toward the new bike at the dealership I was buying it from, then made the difference up in cash right then and there, the 'out the door' price, then I took possession of the new bike.

The problem here is BD has no showroom or ready made bikes or even independent dealerships with BD bikes, this is where all the trouble originates from.

But the question here is this... 'what would you do' ?

Any other ideas that might make this work?
I think I have seen new Dogs for sale on some sites, cycle trader or something...

TapioK

But the bigger question I have for you is, why the hell can't we get our hands on that magnificent Finland made, 'Lapua' AK-47 ammo anymore?!
They do make them. Hell they should, our army uses our upgraded version of AK47...

And looks they are available in US too...
When I was in army I had one of these though 7.62x53R. Heck, I still have one back home. Just in case it’s like 80 years old though

My biggest regret is I sold my Colt 1911 government. It was so called Murmansk Patallion(?) gun. Made in USA, but all the texts were in Russian... grandfather brought it back from war.

Last edited:

TapioK

That's old stock, Lapua doesn't make ammo for the ak-47 anymore, at least not for the commercial market.

That's a sweet rifle but nothing says WW2 quality better than the Swiss made K31...
From 2019 Lapua catalogue...

Ernie12

I know, and you're right but I've been burnt before and I don't like that old sinking feeling telling you something isn't right about this.

Any bike I ever bought new before I traded it toward the new bike at the dealership I was buying it from, then made the difference up in cash right then and there, the 'out the door' price, then I took possession of the new bike.

The problem here is BD has no showroom or ready made bikes or even independent dealerships with BD bikes, this is where all the trouble originates from.

But the question here is this... 'what would you do' ?

Any other ideas that might make this work?

I guess BD is really just a custom builder now with its own brand. I was talking to a friend last night and he told me how he got burned by a house builder he hired. The guy was a well known builder so he put down 60k and the house got to 90% done when the builder went bankrupt. My friend lost it all. A couple of years later the same builder started a new construction company under a different name. So I guess its just a risk you have to be willing to take. If I had the money I would buy that Blue 2017 K9 in Utah at Addictive Behavior. But that's just me. Its been sitting there for a while so I bet they would be willing to deal. Good Luck

Blue metallic , just beautiful
2017K9.jpg BlueblackK92017.jpg

Last edited:

TapioK

I don't want to get off the topic... but that's for reloading components, what companies got loaded cartridges in the box, fresh and new in stock that isn't old stock?

We've been discussing this for a while now that they stopped for whatever reason, you couldn't get any unless you were willing to pay some private buyer who was selling it online at a premium.
Not to argue, but that table says cartridge, mentions bullet weight and velocity, sounds like whole cartridge?...
Anyway Lapua 7.65x39 ammo seems to be widely available in Finland. Didn’t see any mention of that not being produced anymore If not in US it must have something to do with it being a military caliber....
In 2013 Lapua said sales of 7.65x39 to US is increasing 10-15% a year...

TapioK

That's a beautiful bike but it's 2 years old and has 600 miles on it, there's no way they can justify that price($37,520.00).

It's true value is what your insurance company will give you if you total it or it gets stolen.

At that price you can get a new 2019 with your own customization.

That is the reason its not selling.
Make an lowball offer and see what happens...