1996 Big Dog Vintage

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Well this morning i finished up making sure everything was tight and where it should be because of the upside down pivot bushing....fixing them changed alot of things cause it raised the motor up in the back 5/8 to 3/4 higher...went for a 2nd shakedown ride and man let me tell you this bike rides and drives better than i thought one could now...vibrations i was feeling is gone now and because of the bushing where in wrong had everything in the back setting metal on metal....just ordered sissy bar side plates that i am going to have to modify to work and a sissy bar.....ordered the original back rest pad also....steph(bakiebake) will love that im sure when i get all that done for her...i getting a small fortune in this bike but man its worth it to see it back on the road in respectable standards

41bigdawg

Let the Big Dawg eat !
Supporting Member
Well this morning i finished up making sure everything was tight and where it should be because of the upside down pivot bushing....fixing them changed alot of things cause it raised the motor up in the back 5/8 to 3/4 higher...went for a 2nd shakedown ride and man let me tell you this bike rides and drives better than i thought one could now...vibrations i was feeling is gone now and because of the bushing where in wrong had everything in the back setting metal on metal....just ordered sissy bar side plates that i am going to have to modify to work and a sissy bar.....ordered the original back rest pad also....steph(bakiebake) will love that im sure when i get all that done for her...i getting a small fortune in this bike but man its worth it to see it back on the road in respectable standards
That is Awesome :) She is 1 of a kind and that is too cool, glad you got her fixed. I am excited to see the finished product :chopper:

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
That is Awesome :) She is 1 of a kind and that is too cool, glad you got her fixed. I am excited to see the finished product :chopper:
Lol run out of gas little bit ago...damn right tank wasnt equalizing with the left tank....cross over tube off the right tank was stopped up in the elbow lol.....fixed now tho....lol i was less than a mile from the house so all was good...

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Well Th3famous and myself where talking a 3 weeks ago trying to figure out if bigdog did a number sequence back in the day and upon him investigating supposedly they didnt do one until the later years from the info he gotten but they werent forsure on it..well guess what i found a minute ago....number 157 on the neck and the last digits of my vin is 157....so if what i found is correct this is the 157th bike they built...i saw the 15 part but never gave it no thought until a few minutes ago and bam there it is right in my face20190824_203649.jpg20190824_203625.jpg

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Well Th3famous and myself where talking a 3 weeks ago trying to figure out if bigdog did a number sequence back in the day and upon him investigating supposedly they didnt do one until the later years from the info he gotten but they werent forsure on it..well guess what i found a minute ago....number 157 on the neck and the last digits of my vin is 157....so if what i found is correct this is the 157th bike they built...i saw the 15 part but never gave it no thought until a few minutes ago and bam there it is right in my faceView attachment 67314View attachment 67315
The later years the last 4 digits is the number off the line for the respective model.

So not sure if 157 means anything since we know it's definitely NOT #4157 off the line!

I gotta keep digging around! Obviously 96 isn't in the same as 04 and up, which I know is last 4 digits.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
1996 Big Dog Vintage parts list...most part are drag specialties or v-twin....parts very from 1967-1986...harley wide glide FXWG, FLH and electra glide....mostly electra glide parts

1...GMA doesnt have these 10" front disc so v-twin does in a different style... part number 23-0311 or your choice
2...Front wheel 40 spoke dual disc....36-313
3...KIckstand....27-0509....but its not exact had to modify cause orginal is discontinued...
4...gas caps and savers....200-000024
5...rear brake pedal....23-0677
6...GMA rear brake master cylinder there are different finishs but chrome is....233004
7...rear master cylinder plunger...23-0116
8...driver floorboards... 50-34044A-05
9...rear brake caliper anchor arm...26483 or 57618
10...rear axle adjuster slide plates...44-1989
11...top belt guard....DS-325176
12...v-twin swingarm isolators....31-0442
13...front isolator mount....DS-243515
14...70 tooth pulley cover...91733-85
15...ISO antivibe heal shift peg....44152
16...ISO antivibe toe peg....21-1665
17...rear fender chrome trim with red lens....07-81281
18...mustang solo seat....75558
19....big dog saddle bags....good luck finding those lol...

More parts list to come....stay tuned

Last edited:

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Made me a saddle bag brace out of a piece of 6061 aluminum this evening to help support the bags....put a slight bend at 20 degrees to get them to clear the blinkers and stay slighty above the bottom parking light...got quick release pins coming tomorrow so i can remove them quickly20190827_170132.jpg20190827_175008.jpg20190827_175035.jpg

41bigdawg

Let the Big Dawg eat !
Supporting Member

knothead

Second Chance Customs
Supporting Member
Another 400.00 but gonna be worth it...guessed at these parts and got lucky i believe there going to fit looking like...tune back in at 6 this evening to see lol...20190828_154543.jpg