06 k9

Mike manson

My buddy bought 06 k9 he was residing the other day his horn started going off lights flashed then bike went dead is that the computer failed it has the original computer in it bike has 13000 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
Sounds like
My buddy bought 06 k9 he was residing the other day his horn started going off lights flashed then bike went dead is that the computer failed it has the original computer in it bike has 13000 miles

[/QUOTE

Sounds like his battery went out on him?. I would try a good battery and check charging system first before shooting the ehc.

Steven Proctor

I would check all the connections on the batter. If it is anything like mine, I have several 4 grounds to the batter and 2 the positive. Make sure they are all tight. They could look for any loose connections around the battery box and under the tank. Something may have loosened up or disconnected during the ride.

41bigdawg

Let the Big Dawg eat !
Supporting Member
Said he bought new battery last week I told him to try another battery if it fires then has to be charging system

What kind of Battery did he put in? Just because it is new doesn't mean it is good, have it load tested. Put a Deka Battery in it :chopper:

Sven

"Unfortunately mine did the same a few years back. Turned out the EHC shit the bed'... 'It will do that when the battery shoots craps."
WATThell are we talking about? Either it's the battery or the processor.

Battery: I can see a flipflop of a current drop, the horn/lights, something like that loosing a magnetic 1 and goes to 0, aka, an on/off scenario are the two moves in the processor. As if turning off the computer tower at your desk and you lost the processor? Plus, didn't a sponsor mention how many (fill in the brand) processors were shown good. Was this the unit? Hard to buy this if a portable radio has basically some of the same parts, the DC battery dies; a fresh battery brings back the tunes. I'm skeptical at this point.

Processor: I just can't see a dead/dying battery and the processor dies along with it. I'm just saying, how many batteries have been replaced and there are no signs of a sheet stain, nor did the shit hit the fan to land on the thread count to begin with. I'd wait to see if someone chimes in, or research and find that thread that mentions your brand usually tests out good.

"Unfortunately mine did the same a few years back. Turned out the EHC shit the bed'... 'It will do that when the battery shoots craps."
WATThell are we talking about? Either it's the battery or the processor.

Battery: I can see a flipflop of a current drop, the horn/lights, something like that loosing a magnetic 1 and goes to 0, aka, an on/off scenario are the two moves in the processor. As if turning off the computer tower at your desk and you lost the processor? Plus, didn't a sponsor mention how many (fill in the brand) processors were shown good. Was this the unit? Hard to buy this if a portable radio has basically some of the same parts, the DC battery dies; a fresh battery brings back the tunes. I'm skeptical at this point.

Processor: I just can't see a dead/dying battery and the processor dies along with it. I'm just saying, how many batteries have been replaced and there are no signs of a sheet stain, nor did the shit hit the fan to land on the thread count to begin with. I'd wait to see if someone chimes in, or research and find that thread that mentions your brand usually tests out good.
Well Sven, I can tell you mine had the same symptom and it was the EHC, I know what I’m talking about don’t have any issue with bike since this. So go fuck yourself

MossBerg590

Well Sven, I can tell you mine had the same symptom and it was the EHC, I know what I’m talking about don’t have any issue with bike since this. So go fuck yourself

I had the same issue as well, intermittent dying. Horn would blow, hazards come on and bike would shut off.Replaced the ehc with a thunderheart module I wired myself and hasnt happend since.