• Yes

Votes: 774 78.1%
  • No

Votes: 127 12.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 90 9.1%

• Total voters

Snakebite

I'm not sure how to answer this one. I'm still in shock I just purchased my first one. It's one of those things where you dream about it but don't ever really think you'll go through with it.

I can say that given the choice, I'd choose BD over any other make if I were to buy another.

I'm not sure how to answer this one. I'm still in shock I just purchased my first one. It's one of those things where you dream about it but don't ever really think you'll go through with it.

I can say that given the choice, I'd choose BD over any other make if I were to buy another.
:cheers:

It took me two years of dreaming and scheming to get mine. I know the feeling.

armad

No

I wouldn't buy another one. I always wanted a bike with an S&S motor. Now I have, so wouldn't buy another unless they change a few things. Big Dog needs to design a bike that looks good and has the performance, but is smooth, reliable, and handles well. They have most of the package, it just needs a little refinement. A little less rake, rubber mount motor, choice of extended or mid foot pegs, or both, are just a few of the things that could make the bike an easier ride and better handling. I like my Mutt, but its not a road bike and I knew that when I bought it, but it needs improvement in handling, vibration, and riding poitions. That's why I have 2 other big v-twins. They are both smooth and powerful, and need very little maint. and are very reliable. My 06 Star Warrior will give my Mutt a very good run for the money in a straight line race, but won't quite take the Mutt. Of course, on a curvy road the Mutt don't stand a chance.

stinger1

NO ! Had 2 many probs, and only done 14000 miles 3 speedos and this 1 only works when it wants 2. clutch basket fell apart, TP tops major prob twice then had to be changed 2 S&S. Had numerous breakdowns, even tho minor probs.....oh and a headlight. Great looking bikes, but need 2 be made a little simpler.

OrangeSkullz

I wouldn't buy another one. I always wanted a bike with an S&S motor. Now I have, so wouldn't buy another unless they change a few things. Big Dog needs to design a bike that looks good and has the performance, but is smooth, reliable, and handles well. They have most of the package, it just needs a little refinement. A little less rake, rubber mount motor, choice of extended or mid foot pegs, or both, are just a few of the things that could make the bike an easier ride and better handling. I like my Mutt, but its not a road bike and I knew that when I bought it, but it needs improvement in handling, vibration, and riding poitions. That's why I have 2 other big v-twins. They are both smooth and powerful, and need very little maint. and are very reliable. My 06 Star Warrior will give my Mutt a very good run for the money in a straight line race, but won't quite take the Mutt. Of course, on a curvy road the Mutt don't stand a chance.
now your asking for it :argue:

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
YES if I need another one 07 bulldog rode and pushed alot. Biggest problem I think is the low voltage crap(??) How much could it add to the bottom line to move to some user friendly electeonics(simular to harley). Not trying to start anything just looking for a sloution. PS even when pushing it it still looks great.

phatchopper300

I just wanta ride
Yes I would! Have 06 Ridge only issues is the problems I have caused. Duuhhh! Bike has been great. Would like to purchase 09-10' Ridge someday!

Ray

I really enjoy the scooter, and even though a few issues I can't think of another bike I would even want to own or ride. It is like an old hippies rocking chair with a lot of torque and noise to go along. My daughter and her hubby keep ragging me to trade it in for a Harley. Why would I want to do that, I ask! I just need a sissy bar where my wife can ride with me on smother roads ( you know why!!!)

Ray

shovelshot

Only a little over 3 weeks with my 05 Ridgeback but I would buy another in a second. I was riding with a friend on Sat. He has a Road king. We met up with 3 of his buds in Wisconsin. Two more Road kings and a Goldwing. One of the guys old lady says "is that your Big Dog out there? I'm sorry." Turns out they bought a 05 Chopper brand new. He had it a little over 3 years and nothing but probs. Dumped it off at the dealer and went and bought his Harley. His old lady kept talking shit so mine started to get involved. Well, long story kinda short I got mine to just ignore it being as I had just met all these people. Took off to ride a while and the guy says he needs to stop at his house to let his dog out. We all crack a couple beers in his garage and he starts saying how much he misses his BD. Everything is all smoothed out and havin fun. He says he has some stuff I can have. I just met this guy and he comes out with a BDM sissy bar bag. He says open it up. Like new hand grips, foot pegs, primary covers and the S&S engine service manual. He wouldn't even take a twenty!! Bought him a shot and a couple beers at the next bar. His old lady is still a bitch! Lol

scubaman15

Only a little over 3 weeks with my 05 Ridgeback but I would buy another in a second. I was riding with a friend on Sat. He has a Road king. We met up with 3 of his buds in Wisconsin. Two more Road kings and a Goldwing. One of the guys old lady says "is that your Big Dog out there? I'm sorry." Turns out they bought a 05 Chopper brand new. He had it a little over 3 years and nothing but probs. Dumped it off at the dealer and went and bought his Harley. His old lady kept talking shit so mine started to get involved. Well, long story kinda short I got mine to just ignore it being as I had just met all these people. Took off to ride a while and the guy says he needs to stop at his house to let his dog out. We all crack a couple beers in his garage and he starts saying how much he misses his BD. Everything is all smoothed out and havin fun. He says he has some stuff I can have. I just met this guy and he comes out with a BDM sissy bar bag. He says open it up. Like new hand grips, foot pegs, primary covers and the S&S engine service manual. He wouldn't even take a twenty!! Bought him a shot and a couple beers at the next bar. His old lady is still a bitch! Lol
:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

DoubleD

Calendar Participant
I have three 2008 Ridgebacks in the Kennel now. There will others down the road

Steve1028

On my second Big Dog - 05 Bulldog, now 04 Ridgeback. Would love to see a really good looking quick disconnect tourpack for the Bulldog bagger...then I would replace my Harley!

:cheers:

rode my "new to me" ridgeback all weekend...i love big dog bikes, but now, i'm wishing i had the K9. or maybe the state should just fix the dang bumps in the roads..lol

jaybird

I have an 05 ridgeback and is the coolest thing I have ever been on. Been riding Harleys for 25 years and still have a couple of them but since the Ridgeback, they have become lawn ornaments

SDTADave

My answer, would be a Big Dog Yes, in a Thunderheart Beat! My only problems have been 2 drive belts (too many on the fly burn outs) and 2 throttle cables (from crankin on it too hard) and my bike has 37,xxx miles on it. I do all my own maintenance, and buy all my parts(for customizing) on ebay or from catalogs. I'm lucky in that respect, because I have the 2001 Wolf and most Harley parts fit(cheaper than BD). If I can't find the part I want, I try to make them (hense the widened Harley rear fender and a few other parts) too many to list.

I also ride year round, I found that the only reason my speedo fogs is because it is cold w/humidity (rain or snow) and the speedo has LED's for light(very little heat from LED's) unlike bulbs that put out enough heat, like a defroster. (Guessing, because that is the only time it happens to me)

Also, I use a high pressure wash all the time and ride in the rain and snow, with NO worries about electrical parts. All Thunderheart....Go figure.

Ride it, like you STOLE it!

Dave

Ray

The only thing stopping me from getting a newer version of a ridgeback I suppose would be $$$$$.

Ray , can deal with the issues!!